BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

N52B25 218hp swap to N52B30 258hp

5715 9
Can anyone fill me in on the details of the swap? I'm talking about silver cover on both engines, both pre-lci. Do they both use the Siemens MSV-70, are there any hardware differences, apart from the revised piston rings? Is there anything that needs to be done or is it plug and play? Thank you.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
You don't need engine swap. You need three stage intake manifold from that B30 and appropriate coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can anyone fill me in on the details of the swap? I'm talking about silver cover on both engines, both pre-lci. Do they both use the Siemens MSV-70, are there any hardware differences, apart from the revised piston rings? Is there anything that needs to be done or is it plug and play? Thank you.
You've got it all wrong. My engine is the 2.5 liter version, and I HAVE the 3-stage intake, hence the 218hp. Otherwise, the 2.5l version is 177hp i think. I'm looking for the 3.0l version with the 3 stage intake, which amounts to 258hp.
You don't need engine swap. You need three stage intake manifold from that B30 and appropriate coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, power gains aren't the only reason behind the swap. The 3.0 liter version has the revised Mahle piston rings, and is much more reliable than the 2.5 liter one.
The 30i came with larger clutch, different gearbox, propshaft and diff ratio.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
And you are positive we're talking about the same engine, right? Pre-2007, silver plastic cover, aluminum rocker cover, 258hp.
If so, thank you very much for the information and good luck.
The 30i came with larger clutch, different gearbox, propshaft and diff ratio.

This is US forum, so I was just going with what is being done here, which is intake swap as 325 here is 3.0ltr.
As stated, it is not only engine. Gearbox is different too, brakes etc. For purpose of switching engine, you could swap gearbox too. It could be done, but question is whether it is worth it? Yes, silver cover engine.
You've got it all wrong. My engine is the 2.5 liter version, and I HAVE the 3-stage intake, hence the 218hp. Otherwise, the 2.5l version is 177hp i think. I'm looking for the 3.0l version with the 3 stage intake, which amounts to 258hp.
I see where the confusion came from. Guess I should have specified the litres, not only the engine code. Thank you.
This is US forum, so I was just going with what is being done here, which is intake swap as 325 here is 3.0ltr.
As stated, it is not only engine. Gearbox is different too, brakes etc. For purpose of switching engine, you could swap gearbox too. It could be done, but question is whether it is worth it? Yes, silver cover engine.
No not 100%

Check realOEM with the two e90s side by side and compare part numbers and specs. I did that the other day but don't remember pre or post LCI.

And you are positive we're talking about the same engine, right? Pre-2007, silver plastic cover, aluminum rocker cover, 258hp.
If so, thank you very much for the information and good luck.
Hi!
Did you finally swap the engine?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.