BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Happy New Year.

I need help since my mechanic is on vacation.

Few days ago, we had to replace one fuel injector from my N54 due to bad leak (popping/spitting sound). All original injectors were index 12. But used a index 9 for temporary fix since its the quickest available during that time. Index 12 is on its way. Also, we found out that PCV vent hose (plastic) from valve cover to intake manifold is leaking bad. Again, as a temporary fix, we had to use a different hose (rubber) and replaced the old plastic one for the meantime. But the clips going to the valve cover wont lock properly any longer.

Question: Are these the reason why I dont have boost from my turbo or my turbo has gone bad too? I got "engine malfunction/hp reduced" notification on my info screen around 3k rpm or when I step on gas pedal pretty quickly. But no codes showing when scanned using OBDII.

Car is running smooth though, no rough idling ,no hard starts. Very quiet engine and no rattle , zero misfire. Only lack of power/torque due to no turbo boost.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hi Josef;

The general idea is that your engine operates using two banks, in turn two fuel rails. In such case, all injectors on each bank should index match. In addition to this, it's possible to work around and code the DME to use different index injectors on the same bank but only as temporary fix due to undesirable effects in the long run. Also, injectors with index 9 or lower are different in design from injectors with index 10 or higher.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you have this solved? I lost boost after a serpentine belt issue. Not sure if the charge pipe or some valve was damaged in the process. Did you find out what cauaed your boost leak?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have this solved? I lost boost after a serpentine belt issue. Not sure if the charge pipe or some valve was damaged in the process. Did you find out what cauaed your boost leak?
Not yet. Im gona be replacing 1 of my injectors from index9 to index 12 and also my crankcase vent hose. I wll let you know if these solve the problem. If not, then i will take it to the shop and get it diagnosed deeply.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello there. Happy New Year.

I need help since my mechanic is on vacation.

Few days ago, we had to replace one fuel injector from my N54 due to bad leak (popping/spitting sound). All original injectors were index 12. But used a index 9 for temporary fix since its the quickest available during that time. Index 12 is on its way. Also, we found out that PCV vent hose (plastic) from valve cover to intake manifold is leaking bad. Again, as a temporary fix, we had to use a different hose (rubber) and replaced the old plastic one for the meantime. But the clips going to the valve cover wont lock properly any longer.

Question: Are these the reason why I dont have boost from my turbo or my turbo has gone bad too? I got "engine malfunction/hp reduced" notification on my info screen around 3k rpm or when I step on gas pedal pretty quickly. But no codes showing when scanned using OBDII.

Car is running smooth though, no rough idling ,no hard starts. Very quiet engine and no rattle , zero misfire. Only lack of power/torque due to no turbo boost.

Thank you for your time.
There should be codes based on your description, like 30ff and 3100 if ther is a boost leak. What code reader? Many ppl are unaware but MHD is a great code reader and free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There should be codes based on your description, like 30ff and 3100 if ther is a boost leak. What code reader? Many ppl are unaware but MHD is a great code reader and free.
OBD II. I have to bring to bmw shop to get it diagnosed further. But i will be replacing the venthose and 1 injector first thing before taking it over to the shop. Then I will post the result.

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts