Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
great video! I heard under -35degree theoretically engine wouldn't start. Did you use the engine block heater?
Or the temperature is -42 windchill rather than the actual temp?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, shot was taken in Calgary last week, -42 was actual temp. with wind -48 that night. No block heater only battery tender connected to +- terminals under the hood.
BMW states it does not need the block heater as its modern engine made out of appropriate materials, ill leave that to belive whoever wants to, black smoke comming out was just because of metal shrinkage before it goes to normal when heat up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thank you, shot was taken in Calgary last week, -42 was actual temp. with wind -48 that night. No block heater only battery tender connected to +- terminals under the hood.
BMW states it does not need the block heater as its modern engine made out of appropriate materials, ill leave that to belive whoever wants to, black smoke comming out was just because of metal shrinkage before it goes to normal when heat up.
Pretty cool. I remember the steering wheel wobble when you drive in cold weather first a couple of minutes after car parked overnight due to the tire distortion on the bottom side. Safe drive!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Pretty cool. I remember the steering wheel wobble when you drive in cold weather first a couple of minutes after car parked overnight due to the tire distortion on the bottom side. Safe drive!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Bimmerfest mobile app
Ahhhh…… Flat-spotting. The bane of low-profile tires!

·
Munich Mark - 2014 535XD
826 Posts
Cool Video !

Wish I had a frozen Lake to have a little fun on.

No issues with Donuts on Ice and Snow, Car will also handle it on dry and that’s where >10x stress comes from comparatively.

I’ve had mine on some Ice and Snow covered Parking lots, need to turn off traction control on XDrives to get the back end more lively is all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts