Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2011 335i with the N55. It has 116k miles and overhaul looking pretty good cosmetically. Are the N55s high mileage engines? I'm coming from an E46 325i that has 187k, but I fixed all the weak spots at 80k. And to be honest that car has been great. They're asking $10k for it at a dealer. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
218 Posts
Given it has a good service history and you maintain the car properly it should last long. I have 130k on mine right now. I daily drive it, rain snow, shine. It fires up at -40C no issues, and I drive it cross continent. Only thing I had to replace was the water pump and oil filter housing gasket. Even the VCG is still original! It’s miles more reliable than the N54 I had.
Change the oil every 7k rather than the suggested 15k interval and should be fine. Mind you if you do mod it that kinda affects reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Given it has a good service history and you maintain the car properly it should last long. I have 130k on mine right now. I daily drive it, rain snow, shine. It fires up at -40C no issues, and I drive it cross continent. Only thing I had to replace was the water pump and oil filter housing gasket. Even the VCG is still original! It’s miles more reliable than the N54 I had.
Change the oil every 7k rather than the suggested 15k interval and should be fine. Mind you if you do mod it that kinda affects reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
I've always done 5k oil changes with Mobil1. I might test drive it this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I'm looking at a 2011 335i with the N55. It has 116k miles and overhaul looking pretty good cosmetically. Are the N55s high mileage engines? I'm coming from an E46 325i that has 187k, but I fixed all the weak spots at 80k. And to be honest that car has been great. They're asking $10k for it at a dealer. Thanks!

To a certain extent, that depends on what you call high mileage. If the car has been maintained properly this one should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts