BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about to tackle spark plug change in my 2011 535i. Wondering anyone have any diy links or pointers?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, nothing for f10. spark plug change I have no problem with, just need some pointers on what needs to be removed from above the last 2 plugs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did mine 2 weeks ago also. Some notes from the PDF

1. You won't have to remove the trim pieces on your car.
2. You will have to remove the T25 from step 12 to move the plast thing that holds the wire looms. I needed to use a universal joint to get the angle right for the rear most bolt.
3. If you haven't already about a 14mm socket for the plugs get the one from berger tuning that has a magnet built in. Super helpfull. http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_BMW_spark_plug_socket_adapter.html
4. The little hose vent thing in step 10. Mine was super brittle and broke. Went to buy a new one at the dealership (under $30 w/ BMC CCA membership) and the guy said they break all the time. Might want to pick one up ahead of time just in case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Follow up

This was all very painless and enjoyable. I suggest if inclined at all to do so. Cool place, good friend and some suds. We had done in no time and had fun.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry, I have to bump this thread. I need to go back to it when I do my plugs. I'll forget which thread it was posted on. Good day people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also need to replace spark plugs, 2011 535I

I wish there was a hayes/chilton manual for my car, anyway, it looks like the link with PDF's tells us to remove way too much stuff, I can see my #6 location, I'll give it a shot soon.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I wish there was a hayes/chilton manual for my car, anyway, it looks like the link with PDF's tells us to remove way too much stuff, I can see my #6 location, I'll give it a shot soon.
don't forget pics and a write-up!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plugs

I'll try man, have you personally changed your plugs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry Gus am new here. Am having issues with my 2014 BMW 532i f10 with n55 Engine last week I drove my car with the fuel light on for a long time before refueling after which I started noticing when ever am coming to a stop the car will just go off. Now I think it's worse now because d Engine is now noisy I don't know what to do

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replaced the plugs

I did it, I have a powerpoint with photos and some comments, it's not the best but it may help some of us building our courage to tackle it, it's not that hard, like 3 bolts, 3 clamps, a few wire connectors and I little common sense I think. email me for the powerpoint as I don't know how to post it here, f I figure it out I will post.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did it, I have a powerpoint with photos and some comments, it's not the best but it may help some of us building our courage to tackle it, it's not that hard, like 3 bolts, 3 clamps, a few wire connectors and I little common sense I think. email me for the powerpoint as I don't know how to post it here, f I figure it out I will post.
[email protected]
can you send a copy to my email... [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts