Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor recently on my 2008 LCI 550i. I got the original part from BMW and it did not come with an oring. The woman at the parts counter said the notes showed on 550i the oring is not replaced but on other cars it is.

I ordered an oring anyways but the CPS wouldn***8217;t seat with an oring. No oring came out when I removed my original one and I could not feel one with my finger inside either. So I installed it without an oring.

I saw write ups for 535 and other cars that the oring should be replaced.

Can anyone confirm - does the N62 not have an oring for the CPS? I just want to make sure I***8217;m not creating a potential oil leak.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
all these sensors on this car drives me nuts, i forget which one is the CPS, but if its those two little sensors that sits in the back by the firewall (2 for each bank/side) then all mine have a o-ring, when i did my VCG last year, i didnt bother looking for part number for the O-ring i just added some RED RTV over the original gasket, been fine ever since.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all these sensors on this car drives me nuts, i forget which one is the CPS, but if its those two little sensors that sits in the back by the firewall (2 for each bank/side) then all mine have a o-ring, when i did my VCG last year, i didnt bother looking for part number for the O-ring i just added some RED RTV over the original gasket, been fine ever since.
Thanks. What you***8217;re mentioning is probably the camshaft sensor. Crankshaft Position Sensor is under the engine and only one sensor in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts