BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new sposnor here on the forum and I wanted to let anyone in the SoCal area with the dreaded smoking issue know I'm available to help. I have a fully equipped shop located in Corona, CA and can take care of this common issue as well as most any service you may need. I'm and ASE certified Master Technician with Advanced Level Certification and have been a tech for nearly 30 years.

All services begin with a complete diagnosis to be sure it's indeed the valve guides seals that have failed and to also determine if any additional repairs are necessary, such as the secondary air passages that can become plugged on the earlier cars. If you're just in need of the stem seals, $2500 covers the labor, updated valve stem seals, both valve cover gaskets, new CCV diaphragms, NGK plugs, an oil and filter service and tax.

The repair takes a few day to complete. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.

Thanks! -Harry

·
Freude am Fahren
4,292 Posts
Hello! I'm a new sposnor here on the forum and I wanted to let anyone in the SoCal area with the dreaded smoking issue know I'm available to help. I have a fully equipped shop located in Corona, CA and can take care of this common issue as well as most any service you may need. I'm and ASE certified Master Technician with Advanced Level Certification and have been a tech for nearly 30 years.

All services begin with a complete diagnosis to be sure it's indeed the valve guides seals that have failed and to also determine if any additional repairs are necessary, such as the secondary air passages that can become plugged on the earlier cars. If you're just in need of the stem seals, $2500 covers the labor, updated valve stem seals, both valve cover gaskets, new CCV diaphragms, NGK plugs, an oil and filter service and tax.

The repair takes a few day to complete. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.

Thanks! -Harry
Are the upper timing chain cover gaskets included in the job?

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the upper timing chain cover gaskets included in the job?
For $2500 you get updated valve stem seals, both valve cover gaskets, new CCV diaphragms, NGK plugs an oil and filter change, labor and tax. Upper timing cover gaskets on both sides would add less than $200 P&L to the job.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Good to know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a e65/66 2006 bmw 750li.. Only smoke when sitting in Park for more than 5 mins.. Or at a long stop light... Im Located in Seattle WA is it worth the drive to come see you? Please advise...thanks kp

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like I may be in this boat

My 07' e60 550i blows smoke after a 3-4 minute idle, so no pass on the smog. Looks like valve stem seal job is in order. I'm in Nor-Cal, so was wondering how long does the job take, I've got friends in LA, which is "close", and are you open weekends?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks!

I just managed to get it to pass SMOG with 20W-50 and some BG MOA... so timeline now is a little more relaxed. I do need to get her in though, so will reach out again when I can schedule a regular vacation visit down that way!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Harry,

Thanks for sponsoring Bimmerfest forum.
I have a 2006 550i and valve stem seals need to be replaced. Please let me know how I can get in touch with you. I'm located in Mission Viejo area.
Thanks again.

Ryan

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for contacting me Ryan! I sent you a PM and have you scheduled for next Wednesday.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for sponsoring Bimmerfest forum.
I have a 2006 550i and valve stem seals need to be replaced. Please let me know how I can get in touch with you. I'm located in Mission Viejo area.
Thanks again.

Ryan

·
Registered
105 Posts
You might here from me in the near future I'm already seeing signs of oil underneath the car from the passenger side seals. No white smoke yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts