BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new sposnor here on the forum and I wanted to let anyone in the SoCal area with the dreaded smoking issue know I'm available to help. I have a fully equipped shop located in Corona, CA and can take care of this common issue as well as most any service you may need. I'm and ASE certified Master Technician with Advanced Level Certification and have been a tech for nearly 30 years.

All services begin with a complete diagnosis to be sure it's indeed the valve guides seals that have failed and to also determine if any additional repairs are necessary, such as the secondary air passages that can become plugged on the earlier cars. If you're just in need of the stem seals, $2500 covers the labor, updated valve stem seals, both valve cover gaskets, new CCV diaphragms, NGK plugs, an oil and filter service and tax.

The repair takes a few day to complete. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.

Thanks! -Harry

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Finally some help on the West coast. Subscribing and will take a drive down when the time comes.

·
World Traveller Forever
1,652 Posts
Hi,

What method do you use to replace the seals? Just removing and replacing the seals only? Or do you remove the heads to remove the seals?
Please let us know.
Thanks!

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What method do you use to replace the seals?!
The heads remain installed. Replacing the stem seals at this price assumes there are no other reasons to remove the heads. If there is more going on than just bad valve stem seals, it may be advisable to disassemble the engine further, but that would be a different job all together and definitely something to be discussed before starting any work on the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ABT Automotive Harry did a great job!

Hi just to let everyone know that I just had my valve stem seals swapped out by abt automotive and Harry did a great job! Don't hesitate if you have this issue, I'm just a happy customer and want to let everyone know! By the way he did charge me 2500 OTD!

·
PT person-FT ****up!
73 Posts
Works for me. I'll keep this in mind

·
Registered
24 Posts
ABT great for valve seal job

Just wanted to give a shout out to Harry of ABT automotive who just replaced the valve seals on my 2006 750i. I also replaced the spark plugs = increased performance not to mention that it no longer emits puffs of smoke into the atmosphere after long idle.

·
L14LIFE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I haven't been active for a while. I'm currently available to do The seal job if anyone is in need.. you can text or call me directly at 714-510-4327. Please leave a message if I'm unavailable when you call. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts