BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick overview.
2013 M550I, 6 speed, <55k miles, owned from new.
Regularly maintained. CCP applied.
Engine seized April 2022. Per BMW NA engine oil drained and shown to be full. Metal found in filter housing. Refuse to take responsibility for the seized engine as oil consumption test can’t be performed. Not surprising as engine is seized.
Looking for recommendations for an attorney.
I am not the only N63 engine owner that has been treated this way by BMW.
Located in Northern California.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! How long is your warranty, a lifetime warranty?
Not sure if you work for BMW but clearly, you do not understand the underlying issue here. BMW are aware of the fact that the N63 engine is a lemon. They continued to sell cars with this engine with zero transparency. Rather than issue a recall they decided to offer the CCP which didn’t actually correct the underlying engineering design issues. It was a band aid and those of us that have been diehard BMW enthusiasts are now paying the price with costly repairs and an impact on resale values.
BMW need to take responsibility and face the consequences which includes punitive damages.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,447 Posts
What’s the status of the suit, any progress toward a settlement?
Search here is your friend. Yes, I believe that there has been a settlement sometime ago - months. Is the class still open?

·
Registered
2013 550i
5 Posts
The excessive oil consumption was a non fix for me by dealers in Columbus Ohio as the consumption wasn’t bad enough. I had a 2013 550i auto with only 23k and on start up and under load it appeared to smoke like an old diesel. Good luck with the issue.

·
Glfbggy
997 Posts
Not sure if you work for BMW but clearly, you do not understand the underlying issue here. BMW are aware of the fact that the N63 engine is a lemon. They continued to sell cars with this engine with zero transparency. Rather than issue a recall they decided to offer the CCP which didn’t actually correct the underlying engineering design issues. It was a band aid and those of us that have been diehard BMW enthusiasts are now paying the price with costly repairs and an impact on resale values.
BMW need to take responsibility and face the consequences which includes punitive damages.
Did you purchase this new knowing the challenges with the V8? As an enthusiast, how aware were you of BMWs continuing challenges with V8 engines over the last 30+ years?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts