BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.

Here's the picture :

What is the three fin/cover/guard/flap/deflector-thingy on the rear window called?

Where can i get one for a 325i?

-Jai

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
JvCanuet said:
thanks, BBBMW
That seems to be what the're called...

Cant find any bwm louvers on google...

any help?
I have never seen louvers on a BMW. Someone may have adapted some meant for another car or custom made them.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Long time ago, I used to see them on some E21, but never seen on the following models again. No offense, but they looked ugly on a BMW, IMO.

·
Stimulus Package
4,245 Posts
cwsqbm said:
I have never seen lovers on a BMW.
My wife and I used to fool around in my old 325 when we were still dating, but we never did anything on top of it--that would have dented the hood. :eeps:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think that thing's main function is to produce rear end donwforce on a hatchback (mostly in rally).

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Elvis530i said:
My wife and I used to fool around in my old 325 when we were still dating, but we never did anything on top of it--that would have dented the hood. :eeps:
:rofl: Fixed my typo.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
armaq said:
I think that thing's main function is to produce rear end donwforce on a hatchback (mostly in rally).
No, the reason for them was to keep the sun (and heat) out of the large rear windows.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Yeah, mainly seen on hatchbacks, especially those with rear windows that are near horizontal. But in teh 80s you saw them on EVERYTHING, including station wagons (vertical rear window) and minivans. :)

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
I had 'em on my '79 Trans Am.

And no, I didn't have a mullet.

This is how they look on a T/A:

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
On the F40 that was the engine cover, not a window. :)

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Again, so 80s. :)

But I would take it. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts