BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new '07 550i - I see that a Priority 1 Option is Nasca Leather - can someone tell me the difference between it and Dakota Leather?

Also, what is an Anthracite Headliner - is it just the color, or is it a different material altogehter? Is it plush enough for a $500 premium?

Thanks! :confused:

·
Go Gators
10,338 Posts
From what I hear Nasca leather is very good quality leather, better than Dakota. Anthracite is sythetic suede that doesnt get all nasty and wont wear as easily. I'd pay $500 for it since regular headliner stains too easy and the anthracite gives it a nice feel to the car.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The anthracite headliner can make the interior very dark. On a gray interior, it is nice, on a black interior, much too dark for my tastes.

You would want the Nasca leather if you were getting the perforated seats - see the sticky post about this one by PilotSteve for details.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
BmW745On19's said:
From what I hear Nasca leather is very good quality leather, better than Dakota. Anthracite is sythetic suede that doesnt get all nasty and wont wear as easily. I'd pay $500 for it since regular headliner stains too easy and the anthracite gives it a nice feel to the car.
Anthracite is the color. You're probably thinking of alcantara. The M5 gets an anthracite alcantara headliner when you order full leather interior, but if you don't get full leather on the M5 you get an anthracite cloth headliner. I suspect the non-M anthracite headliner is cloth, or they would have specified alcantara.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts