BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make the icons go away on the nav system?

I guess I talk funny because sometimes when I use the voice activation it wants to tell me where the nearest Gas station or Hotels are and I just cant figure out a way to make them disappear? The best I can do is select Parking locations because they are fewer...

Any suggestions?

:dunno:

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is no way to make them disappear. The only way to get around this is to search for another POI that has very few places, like the BMW Service Center, for example. And since there may be one center (or none) near where you live (but not on every corner like the gas stations), you will only see much fewer icons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
IFlyX5 said:
There is no way to make them disappear. The only way to get around this is to search for another POI that has very few places, like the BMW Service Center, for example. And since there may be one center (or none) near where you live (but not on every corner like the gas stations), you will only see much fewer icons.
How did you get voice recognition on your NAV?????

·
Registered
525 Posts
rgnbull1227 said:
How did you get voice recognition on your NAV?????
Voice Recognition is part of the 1st generation Bluetooth ULF module. The 2nd generation (which works with BMW Assist and is standard on most MY05 vehicles) do not have the Voice Recognition Module built-in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
IFlyX5 said:
Voice Recognition is part of the 1st generation Bluetooth ULF module. The 2nd generation (which works with BMW Assist and is standard on most MY05 vehicles) do not have the Voice Recognition Module built-in.
Can I install the 1st generation Bluetooth module that has Voice Recognition in my 04 4.8is? :dunno:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dennis215 said:
Is it possible to make the icons go away on the nav system?

I guess I talk funny because sometimes when I use the voice activation it wants to tell me where the nearest Gas station or Hotels are and I just cant figure out a way to make them disappear? The best I can do is select Parking locations because they are fewer...

Any suggestions?

:dunno:
I just did this last night. I'm not sure if I can remember exactly how I did it, but I'll try. It bugged me when all of those gas stations were showing up as well. So, I went to the "information on location" area and fiddled around. If I remember right, I just went to the menu that shows transportaion as one of the menu items, and instead of choosing it, I hit the return button and then went back into "Map", and sure nuff they were gone. If that doesn't work, just fiddle around by choosing other information choices like "Emergency", restaurants etc...Then go back to the Map area and see if they are still there. Just mess around in this area. That's what I did, and they did indeed go away.

Good luck,

Greg

p.s. If all that still doesn't work, I'll go back and try to retrace my steps for you.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dennis215 said:
I didnt instal anything, I guess it must be part of the BMW Assist? It works quite well if you can remember the commands. And sometimes it does get confused with numbers, that can be frustrating if your trying to drive... in a hurry... etc

http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/BMW Voice Control.pdf
You have BMW Assist in MY02 X5?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im confused... Yes its a hand free phone but on the NAV I also have an emergency and (some other option). When I select it, i get a message "transmitting vehicle data" and someone answers "BMW assist"....? Trust me Ive used it twice in less than a week...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dennis215 said:
Im confused... Yes its a hand free phone but on the NAV I also have an emergency and (some other option). When I select it, i get a message "transmitting vehicle data" and someone answers "BMW assist"....? Trust me Ive used it twice in less than a week...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for cars with the "BMW Assist" feature, you don't need to have a phone installed for it to work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
SuperGreg said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for cars with the "BMW Assist" feature, you don't need to have a phone installed for it to work.
That is true. I do not have the phone installed and my brother accidentally hit the SOS button and we got the BMW assist operator over the speakers. So assist does not need a phone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.