BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· ex-M couper
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I have just about done it. :)

I retrofitted nav to my '04 325xiT using the sources from here and E46fanatics.
It's in and working, but I still need to get everything recoded so that the radio will work right. I was surprised to see the nav work without the recoding!

I still need to get the Nav Computer mounting done right -- right now it sticks way too far out (like about 3 or 4 inches), and won't go far enough into the frame to snap in (temporarily keeping it in place with rope!!!). :eeps:

Thanks to everyone who posted "how-to's," especially Tyrone and Vaheh at Crevier BMW's parts dept.
Thanks also go to my German source for the monitor -- I'll post his name and e-mail address if he says it's OK with him.

· ex-M couper
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sidneyj said:
I've got an '03 530 that I would also like to add the nav system. Let me know what you end up doing.
I'm not sure I follow you. What I'm going to end up doing is go to Crevier tomorrow to get the right parts to mount the nav computer correctly and also have them recode the radio to US specs.
The nav system is working great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.