BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions.

Will a complete nav system out of a 2002 x5 go in my 2001 540i?
what will i need to do this or should i just leave it alone?

i have buisness class radio/cd player with 6 disk changer and DSP

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you got the COMPLETE system from a 2002 X5, I suggest ditching the harness and buying the retro harness from www.bimmernav.com only because there won't be any splicing required. However, if your trunk radio has round pins, you'll be forced to upgrade to a flat pin radio, unless you want to chop and splice the connector.

I'm not sure if the part numbers for the brackets match up, but you can check this out at www.realoem.com

Sell the X5 Navi harness on ebay for $250.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I hate to jump in when I'm not sure, but I think that the screens are different - the X5's angles up while the e39's is straight up and down. The easiest thing to do may be to compare part #s on realoem.com.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I hate to jump in when I'm not sure, but I think that the screens are different - the X5's angles up while the e39's is straight up and down. The easiest thing to do may be to compare part #s on realoem.com.
I think you're right.. Someone was saying that on eBay when they were selling their widescreen monitor. Aparently they wanted to buy an X5 screen for their e39 because of the viewing angle was better for them.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I think you're right.. Someone was saying that on eBay when they were selling their widescreen monitor. Aparently they wanted to buy an X5 screen for their e39 because of the viewing angle was better for them.
I'm pretty confident the screens are the same as well as the computer. Not sure about the harness but logic says there probably different lengths. Not sure about the radio either but I would assume it will work just fine. Shoot "tyrone" a message and I'm sure he will know and rest assured if he gives you feedback it will be correct. You might also check with the folks at X5 World.com in the navigation forum. Very informative over there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts