BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that if you don't know the exact town or city of a destination, it won't let you put in the street name? Either I don't know how to work the destination input function or this is a severe limitation if you only know the approximate location of a destination. If this is a limitation, is there a CD upgrade in the works?
Turk11

·
Registered
707 Posts
yup, that is true. you enter city first, street second. pretty lame if you ask me (and its not CD, its DVD nav)

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about you cant move map. The only way to see further is to zoom out. I just dont understand why you cant use iDrive to move the map up, down, left or right. Unless im just havend figure out how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can move the map

akbars01,
If you are in map view, you can move the map by pushing the i mouse (is that what it's called?) in the direction you want the map to go. It starts out slowly and then speeds up if you continue to hold the mouse in the same direction. It even works in the diagonal positions. Try it.
turk11

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for response. I tried pushing it and the moving the iDrive nub the direction I want the map to move but it just goes into different menu like Communication, Climate and etc. I updated the software on my 06 750Li, and im not sure the version, but it has new interface with clouds and different map colors. I also tried to just move the nub without puching it and it still goes into different menu. Maybe it is some different version or im doing spoming wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
akbars01,
Sorry about that. I supplied incomplete information. Go to "Navigation". Then go to "Destination Input". Then go to "New Destination". Then go to "With Map". NOW you can use the slider (i mouse) to move map in any direction you want. It starts out slow and then speeds up if you continue to hold slider in the direction of interest.
Turk11

1 - 6 of 6 Posts