BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm wanting to update the maps in my 2014 F11 (HU_CHAMP2) from Europe MOVE 2014-1 to Europe MOVE 2019.

I successfully generated an FSC using Jagaer's generator and a .fsc file pulled from the car via E-sys.

I started the update and the FSC was accepted but I stupidly interrupted the update before it had finished. Now when I start the car I get a message to start the update but the same FSC I used before is now incorrect. When I try to start the navigation it tells me to resume the update but it won't accept my generated FSC.

I've browsed all the forums and after reading lots of conflicting posts I'm worried that I've bricked my nav.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to roll-back or regenerate the FSC?

It's worth mentioning that since pulling the .fsc file from my car I coded EBT (6NL). Could that have affected anything?

Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Move update causes a lot of problems. You can use Tool32 to delete the old map and start fresh I believe.

Ore try to use a other usb drive.

I sometimes have to use more drives to finish the update.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Move update causes a lot of problems. You can use Tool32 to delete the old map and start fresh I believe.

Ore try to use a other usb drive.

I sometimes have to use more drives to finish the update.

Well, I must admit I had my doubts but you were absolutely right! The USB drive that I started the update with (Sandisk Cruzer 16GB) did not work to resume the update but another drive (Kingston 16GB SD card in a USB adpater) worked perfectly! Once I inserted the new drive I was prompted to start the update and it just started without entering FSC again.

I don't know if it's just placebo but the nav system feels faster now too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, you've made a frustrated man very happy!

One thing to note for anyone finding this post later, my USB 3.0 drive (Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB) did not seem to work at all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good to hear and I’m glad it worked out for you.

Greetings from Holland

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I'm wanting to update the maps in my 2014 F11 (HU_CHAMP2) from Europe MOVE 2014-1 to Europe MOVE 2019.

I successfully generated an FSC using Jagaer's generator and a .fsc file pulled from the car via E-sys.

I started the update and the FSC was accepted but I stupidly interrupted the update before it had finished. Now when I start the car I get a message to start the update but the same FSC I used before is now incorrect. When I try to start the navigation it tells me to resume the update but it won't accept my generated FSC.

I've browsed all the forums and after reading lots of conflicting posts I'm worried that I've bricked my nav.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to roll-back or regenerate the FSC?

It's worth mentioning that since pulling the .fsc file from my car I coded EBT (6NL). Could that have affected anything?

Cheers
hello could you explain to me what I need to update the map of the nio navigator?
i NBT with ROAD MAP EUROPE NEXT 2016-1.
I have read that you need the fsc generator.
I have esys and cable enet but I don't know how to use them.
could you give me a guide or help?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
40,505 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts