Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Is there a way to update the nav system to the newest running version that I can do at home? Or do I have to pay bmw to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
You should be able to do it home, as I just did on our '15 X5 to NEXT 2019-1. I bought the update off ebay with lifetime code for $20. It's a large file & took about 50 mins to load.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you remember the seller? I'd like to get it from someone whose had sucess already in buying and downloading. I can't wait to do it, I love the new system but I'm not ready to get rid of my truck yet, I love her too much! :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Do you remember the seller? I'd like to get it from someone whose had sucess already in buying and downloading. I can't wait to do it, I love the new system but I'm not ready to get rid of my truck yet, I love her too much! :)
Yeah, I'll post it when I get back home. You'll need a 64 gig stick

@Lexi....I bought mine from this site

He''ll give you a lifetime FSC code, which you need to get into system. You'll down load the Zipped file, extract it, copy to the stick (thumb drive) then stick it into the console USB port, enter the code, & it'll down load the data. Like I said, it took about an hour. Worked well for me once I figured out all the specifics of the down loading, extracting & copying. I would print out the FSC code & keep with the car in case you want to update in the future. There's some site mentioned on Bimmerfest on where you can down load the update & some that have a site to generate a FSC code but to me the $20 wasn't that big of a deal. I went from NEXT 2015-1 to NEXT 2019-1.Hope this helps.
Below is a pic of NAV screen after uploading NEXT 2019-1

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the input. I purchased the map from the link you provided. Does that mean that person will provide free maps for life or you pay $20 each time?

Yeah, I'll post it when I get back home. You'll need a 64 gig stick

@Lexi....I bought mine from this site

He''ll give you a lifetime FSC code, which you need to get into system. You'll down load the Zipped file, extract it, copy to the stick (thumb drive) then stick it into the console USB port, enter the code, & it'll down load the data. Like I said, it took about an hour. Worked well for me once I figured out all the specifics of the down loading, extracting & copying. I would print out the FSC code & keep with the car in case you want to update in the future. There's some site mentioned on Bimmerfest on where you can down load the update & some that have a site to generate a FSC code but to me the $20 wasn't that big of a deal. I went from NEXT 2015-1 to NEXT 2019-1.Hope this helps.
Below is a pic of NAV screen after uploading NEXT 2019-1

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the input. I purchased the map from the link you provided. Does that mean that person will provide free maps for life or you pay $20 each time?
@DBV....No, no life time maps. BUT you will have the "FSC" code needed for your next update. Some guys on the forum will send updates that they have & you should be able to down load them & use your code to update NAV, at least, that how I understand it. Hope the update works for you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks. I guess I did not need the FSC code with my 2018 X5 and G30. So - got the maps for $20.

QUOTE=rav31;12949357]@DBV....No, no life time maps. BUT you will have the "FSC" code needed for your next update. Some guys on the forum will send updates that they have & you should be able to down load them & use your code to update NAV, at least, that how I understand it. Hope the update works for you.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much I'm going to get the thumb drive and do it next weekend. I'll let you know if I figure it all out!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts