BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for the right BMW 745 for a while and finally got one a 2002 model.

Does anyone know what type of navigation is in the following BMW auction on ebay. It seems it almost has a first person view point in the nav, I have not seen this in my Nav with I-Drive but it would be cool if it were the same.

Is this a Mark IV system (I think thats what its called)?

Rae

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
raerae28 said:
I looked for the right BMW 745 for a while and finally got one a 2002 model.

Does anyone know what type of navigation is in the following BMW auction on ebay. It seems it almost has a first person view point in the nav, I have not seen this in my Nav with I-Drive but it would be cool if it were the same.

Is this a Mark IV system (I think thats what its called)?

Rae
It is located in your Navigation Menu > View > Perspective
If it is not there, you probably are in need of a software upgrade from BMW.
jmo...I prefer the 2D view, I find it much easier to glance at, and read while driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
raerae28 said:
That feature was added in either 03 or 04 745s. I don't think it's just a simple software upgrade.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
AFAIK, it is possible with software upgrade. E60 owners got it with the firmware CIP 16.2

Ask your dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I update my nav myself without screwing it up? I have seen this on the X5 forum but it never says whether or not the update techniques are the same for all BMW models.

Rae

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
raerae28 said:
Can I update my nav myself without screwing it up? I have seen this on the X5 forum but it never says whether or not the update techniques are the same for all BMW models.

Rae
IIRC, it is a complete software upgrade for the whole system, not a stand-alone NAV upgrade. You should better check it with your dealer first before screwing the car up. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, thanks for the headsup

Wonder if I can talk the service advisor into this without there being a problem with the system. Usually to take the car over night and give me a loaner to do the service upgrade they require there to be an issue.

Rae

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
raerae28 said:
Wonder if I can talk the service advisor into this without there being a problem with the system. Usually to take the car over night and give me a loaner to do the service upgrade they require there to be an issue.

Rae
Rae, there shouldn't be a problem. Normally dealers upgrade the cars here either when they are in for service or per owner's request.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts