BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been holding off on upgrading to the NAV v27.1 for my 2004 330xi. The perspective view doesn't really thrill me, but I have noticed that sometimes I can't get a lock on a satellite or it hiccups and makes it look like I'm off-roading for a while. Does the 27.1 fix these kinds of issues?

Also, does the v27.1 change to the "British" voice? I kind of like the nice female voice I have now...

I've seen a few links kicking around for the v27.1 - anyone have a current link I can download it from?

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read that entire thread before. I hope the upgrade will help my occasional satellite lock issue. Thanks for making the file available online.
I'm still not clear if v27.1 has the Brit accent or not - anyone have a WAV or MP3 of it saying something? I'd hate my car to start sounding like that annoying roommate I had in college when I was in London. :banghead:

·
Registered
226 Posts
dood said:
I'm still not clear if v27.1 has the Brit accent or not
This is not a UK-specific software update - there is only one update CD for all countries. In other words, this update does not affect the Nav unit's localised language.

Some people have hacked the update CD to install a different voice to the default one that your Nav is programmed for (e.g. http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35168), but in your case you'd only do this if you wanted the GB instead of the default US voices.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Many people think that the v26 and above have a more british sounding voice. It's still not the 'british voices' per se.

I've heard that the later versions do help with nav reception... I never noticed a big issue on previous versions myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.
I look forward to upgrading mine this coming weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts