BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get 3D perspective on a 650? I'm guessing it's a software download :dunno:. I know on the E53 Mk4 system it's a software download......Phil

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to post the answer. Sorry. When the iDrive controller is moved to the right to highlight the left mal window, press down and select perspective view.

The manual has more details.
I know about normal perspective, but does it show 3D perspective......Phil

·
Registered
708 Posts
do you mean the one that shows a horizon?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3D gives more of realistic view. Regular perspective shows the horizon. I'll see if I can dig up a 3D shoot and post it.....Phil

·
Think Solar
477 Posts
3D perspective shows objects with height and width dimensions instead just a flat road surface melting into the horizon.

And no, I don't know how to get it....

·
Bimmer Driver
397 Posts
that would be pretty sweet if it is obtainable

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes you can have a 3D perspective BUT there are no street names :mad:at least with 2007.2 Nav DVD so it is worthless IMHO

Cant recall the screen but on the settings screen I beleive there is option for perspective...

They need 3D with street names and a compass heading that is always present not the stupid arrow say where north is...it should read S/SE etc

I leave a splt screen..left has music for example and small right screen with 2D NAV...they really should have better screens...they did to let you know the next street coming up and what street number on the street you are traveling on

Overall the NAV is a poor example, given how good the aftermarket products which now are pretty inexpensive

·
Registered
93 Posts
You have to wear the 3D glasses to see it in 3D, with 1 red lens and one blue lens. ;)

3D perspective shows objects with height and width dimensions instead just a flat road surface melting into the horizon.

And no, I don't know how to get it....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the X5 there is a navigation setting in the sub menu that allows you to select 3D perspective. There has got to be something in the 6 series sub menu. I know how to access it, but can't really tell if it's there or not. Someone has to know...all of the tech talk around here and no one has solved this mystery yet :cry:.....Phil

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
im sure tbal would know but hes banned:confused:
Whaat? How? Why? I'm tired of his complaints (which I answered by post and PM) but I would never ban him for being himself :rofl: . To all, I just saw the post and since it's the weekend I would have to wait until Monday to give an answer as I compare the "sixes" that are around (or all CCC vehicles).

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think tbal has only been banned for a wekk.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
you can change to a 3D perspective..you need to look at the screen more carefully but as I said it is just a 3D view..no street names etc....it is worthless IMHO

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
OK..I went to BMW website..download 2007 owner's manual ..too lazy to go out to my car
p145

Select Nav on controller

"change into the 4th field from the top. Turn controller knob until the desired map view is selected
Map facing North
Map facing travel direction
Perspective

Press controller

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK..I went to BMW website..download 2007 owner's manual ..too lazy to go out to my car
p145

Select Nav on controller

"change into the 4th field from the top. Turn controller knob until the desired map view is selected
Map facing North
Map facing travel direction
Perspective

Press controller
Some of you guys don't understand what 3D perpective looks like. I know how to get to perspective using the iDrive. What I am talking about looks a lot cleaner and more defined than what we get now. 3D perspective makes buildings and other land marks stand out. It almost looks like you are driving right next to them. Picture driving with a color camera mounted to your front bumper........Phil

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Some of you guys don't understand what 3D perpective looks like. I know how to get to perspective using the iDrive. What I am talking about looks a lot cleaner and more defined than what we get now. 3D perspective makes buildings and other land marks stand out. It almost looks like you are driving right next to them. Picture driving with a color camera mounted to your front bumper........Phil
Your X5 has this????

6 series does not ...pretty sure

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your X5 has this????

6 series does not ...pretty sure
MK4 Nav computers have the abilty to have this with a software flash. It's amazing that BMW didn't make this a standard nav option:thumbdwn:.......Phil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts