BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test-drove a 330i today (no 330ci's were available) and later got to play with the navi system in a 2002 M5.

I was going through the controls and the salesman told me that the 3-series with navi didn't have DSP(?) (digital signal processing? Looked just like a software-based equilizer to me) like the 5's I was using did. I asked him how you control the bass/treble etc on the navi version, and he said you can't.

Is this true? I thought the Navi units were the same on the 3-series and the 5 series?

Any info would be great
thanks

--SONET

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HACK, I had a feeling he was wrong. :confused: I couldn't imagine a $40K+ car lacking simple audio controls like bass and treble.

It seemed to me that all of the audio functions were accessed through the Navi display, so I just assumed that the stereo was completely integrated into the navi unit.

In the 2002 330ci w/ navi (or 325 w/ HK upgrade perhaps?), how do you access the bass/treble settings? And are there any other sound settings for the stereo?

As an aside, this dealer wanted $895 for the cd-changer (installed) in the trunk. Is it just me, or is that unreasonable? Maybe I need to look around for a different dealer...

Thanks again,
--SONET

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.