BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read about this on the e90 post called "Navigation on the BMW 335i delayed?"
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23941

and thought I post it here too and see if anyone has anymore information.
I am concerned about my ED date of October 9th and the availability of the Navi on the 335 by then. My dealer hasn't heard anything but it seems like there might be some problems with it and so I thought since it seems at times the people on here are more knowledgeable than the dealers, what everyone's thoughts were...

Also when will we know for sure whether or not it'll have live traffic updates?
 

·
Tracer
Joined
·
134 Posts
hey hey, that's my post! :D

Several people have received concurring statements from their dealers and CA's and BMW NA about it. Personally, I was hoping to be disproved when I found out, which is why I posted. Right now though, it seems like it much closer to fact than heresay.

Call your CA and have him try to actually put in an order for Navi. It is currently "blocked". The first couple months of cars you can get as scheduled without Navi and on time. But the Navi ones are being updated with new software or something for real time data information. Most people that received notice about the delay were told a couple months delay, and likely wont get their car till late Nov / December some point.

BUT, I would be VERY happy if someone can prove this otherwise, as a lot of us are pretty disappointed and we're hearing the news from BMW on several levels as well as when trying to place the order. Who knows, maybe they will speed up things and make it happen sooner! Right now though, its disappointing. Feel free to read the comments on that thread and the one posted a couple days after mine from other people who were told the same thing. :(
 

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
Joined
·
6,347 Posts
That is strange. I would have thought that the E90 and the E92 would share identical NAV systems. :dunno:
 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,701 Posts
LDV330i said:
That is strange. I would have thought that the E90 and the E92 would share identical NAV systems. :dunno:
They do. In fact, all MOST cars except the 7er have the same system (outside of the U.S. the 5er has a different OS). The MY2007 updates to satnav for the U.S. (and this is a U.S. only update) are across all ranges (except the 7er).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron Stygar said:
Current 335 orders with NAV will be moved to September production.
So does that mean if I have an ED pick up date of Oct 9th, it should be ready by then?
Anyone know How long it takes to complete production and be ready for pick up?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,650 Posts
The new nav systems will have real time traffic. BMW is most likely waiting to get that into the nav system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
Ikarus said:
My dealer told me that "mid to end October" would be the earliest to pick up an E92 with NAV in Munich. :mad:
So plan for November (Murphy's law being what it is). If you are picking up an Xi, that won't be an issue. If not, you may have a problem particularly if the car has summer tires which are illegal in the winter in Germany and other European countries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
mog_pj said:
There is an official announcement from BMW posted here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24283&page=2

I am still trying to figure out how long it takes from when the car goes into production until it's ready to be picked up for ED.... any ideas?
I think traditionally the cars have been built about three weeks prior to pick-up. At least that is what other posters have said about their experience and I know my car was built in the first week of September, 2005 and was delivered in Munich on October 5th.

Once they give you a VIN number, you can track your car's production online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
adgrant said:
So plan for November (Murphy's law being what it is). If you are picking up an Xi, that won't be an issue. If not, you may have a problem particularly if the car has summer tires which are illegal in the winter in Germany and other European countries.
That's true, the deal is it's illegal to drive in snow with summer tires, but it's OK otherwise. My dealer called ED today and confirmed. The delivery center is considering renting chains for your ED experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Ikarus said:
My dealer told me that "mid to end October" would be the earliest to pick up an E92 with NAV in Munich.
I asked him to be more specific and he settled for end of October. I can't delay my trip by this much (I need to go either way), so no E92 for me. :cry:
 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,701 Posts
SDDennehy said:
The delivery center is considering renting chains for your ED experience.
So that means you will be able to go maximum 50 km/h in mountaineous regions. That doesn't address the rest of the time where you can't use chains.


 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,701 Posts
I should have also noted that you may be forgetting that summer tires lose adhesion under 13° and that is early November temp.

Further, what if one is driving and the next day it snows?

It´s basically a really dumb idea to do a factory delivery of a car with summer tires after mid November unless you aren´t going to drive it except to EH Harms. Eventually, BMW will probably not permit summer tire cars during winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,288 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Jspira said:
I should have also noted that you may be forgetting that summer tires lose adhesion under 13° and that is early November temp.

Further, what if one is driving and the next day it snows?

It´s basically a really dumb idea to do a factory delivery of a car with summer tires after mid November unless you aren´t going to drive it except to EH Harms. Eventually, BMW will probably not permit summer tire cars during winter.
Depends where you go - Ipicked up 18th Nov - went south and saw snow only onthe first day in Munich (first snow too for Munich) and the last couple of days in Heidelberg and Frankfurt - all the roads were really well ploughed. Although in the more northern areas things were a tad crazy!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top