BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
We already have compass, back-up mirrors, and now Nav integrated into the rear view mirror.

Soon iDrive, vehicle telemetry, a full function Windows XP computer, xBox, telephone, steering functions, DSC, 6 disc CD changer, home theater system, satellite TV with TiVO digital recorder...etc will ALL be integrated into the rear view mirror and the mirror will take up 75% of the windshield. :thumbup:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
The HACK said:
We already have compass, back-up mirrors, and now Nav integrated into the rear view mirror.

Soon iDrive, vehicle telemetry, a full function Windows XP computer, xBox, telephone, steering functions, DSC, 6 disc CD changer, home theater system, satellite TV with TiVO digital recorder...etc will ALL be integrated into the rear view mirror and the mirror will take up 75% of the windshield. :thumbup:
They better include an integrated Blue Tooth PS2 option so that I can play Gran Turismo 6 with the multi-function buttons on the steering wheel thru the HUD - while driving. It should also have a dedicated wireless/satellite network option so that I can race against other players - while driving.

:eek:

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Raffi said:
Another reason for idiots not to keep their eyes on the road. :tsk:
:thumbup:

·
Donkeybike?
3,680 Posts
The HACK said:

Ah, but will women still be able to put their makeup on while driving?!?! :dunno:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SergioK said:
Ah, but will women still be able to put their makeup on while driving?!?! :dunno:
Yes, actually BMW is offering the following package for female drivers :

I-Makeup, consists of I-lipstick and I-mascara :rofl:

811 Posts
Patrick said:
They better include an integrated Blue Tooth PS2 option so that I can play Gran Turismo 6 with the multi-function buttons on the steering wheel thru the HUD - while driving. It should also have a dedicated wireless/satellite network option so that I can race against other players - while driving.

:eek:

:bustingup

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
The HACK said:
etc will ALL be integrated into the rear view mirror and the mirror will take up 75% of the windshield. :thumbup:
That will naturally be followed by the car without a windshield; instead there will be a full width display, with images necessary to driving being gathered by external sensors and displayed in various ways, such as thermal and radar-based images super-imposed on a bird's eye view. That way, you would look down on your car like an external view during a video game. Side screens would totally eliminate blinds spots too.

There are many advantages to this, the first of which is free the designer to be more creative with exterior shapes and not have to worry about too much glass. Also, without windows, the shell of the car will be stronger, aiding in crash tests.

Of course, by the time this system is ready, all driving will be totally computer controlled, with the I-drve being the ONLY control in the car. Actually, without the steering wheel, there'd be room for a keyobard and mouse, so maybe a better solution is along the way.

No, I'm not serious.

·
Format c:\*.* /y
1,321 Posts
cwsqbm said:
That will naturally be followed by the car without a windshield; instead there will be a full width display, with images necessary to driving being gathered by external sensors and displayed in various ways, such as thermal and radar-based images super-imposed on a bird's eye view. That way, you would look down on your car like an external view during a video game. Side screens would totally eliminate blinds spots too.

There are many advantages to this, the first of which is free the designer to be more creative with exterior shapes and not have to worry about too much glass. Also, without windows, the shell of the car will be stronger, aiding in crash tests.

Of course, by the time this system is ready, all driving will be totally computer controlled, with the I-drve being the ONLY control in the car. Actually, without the steering wheel, there'd be room for a keyobard and mouse, so maybe a better solution is along the way.

No, I'm not serious.
A system like that would bring a whole new frightening meaning to the phrase "blue screen of death"... :eek: :D

·
The King of Common Sense
2,145 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Interesting concept from VDO Dayton

MM2100
Rear view mirror is dedicated for looking for cops in USA. :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.