BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Navigation Error

1200 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Swiper
any ideas what might be wrong with my Nav unit, it says in the middle of the screen:

"correct destination guidance not possible"

and it doesnt work. it tells me where i am but wont let me input a trip.

i have a 2004 M3 and the whole video-audio system was just replaced.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
The blue "correct guidance" overlay means you are in an area that isn't fully mapped and has nothing to do with your car - it is a limitation of the map data. You'll notice that the streets on the map show as gray instead of brown. That means they haven't been surveyed for one-way, no left turn, etc. and the NAV won't do guidance on them. If this continues with the latest 2005-2 disc, you need to open a report with NavTeq here and wait for a new map.

You should still be able to input a destination address, but it won't perform guidance (or even calculate distance / ETA) until you get onto a mapped road. Once it computes a route, you will see the route on the NAV screen, even onto the unmapped roads, though you will get a "you are not on a digitized road" voice announcement and the "correct guidance" map overlay once you leave the mapped roads.
Swiper said:
any ideas what might be wrong with my Nav unit, it says in the middle of the screen:

"correct destination guidance not possible"

and it doesnt work. it tells me where i am but wont let me input a trip.

i have a 2004 M3 and the whole video-audio system was just replaced.
this brings something up. i noticed i could take my 2004-2 nav dvd and make a copy of it, and it works just fine in the car. Anyone have 2005-2 and want to make an ISO for me? :)
Over in the Yahoo! BMWNAV group, there were pointers to downloads on file-sharing services as well as a FTP server or two.
cambie said:
this brings something up. i noticed i could take my 2004-2 nav dvd and make a copy of it, and it works just fine in the car. Anyone have 2005-2 and want to make an ISO for me? :)
it worked when i got it back to the stealer. the only thing i can think of that might have messed it up was, i put the alpine MP3 6 disc changer in the trunk and for got to swith it to the mini-bus system before turning it on. i did so after the fact and it worked properly(cd changer).

i tried disconnecting the battery but nothing.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.