BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen a couple of relocations of the obc on the 5 series. i have a 540it with the nav. package, and i am wanting to upgrade my audio beyond just replacing speakers. i'm really looking to move the navigation screen maybe to my glove box, but i have a '99 that has the navigation screen and the tape deck all in one. can i either change the screen to one of the newer styles of screen so that i can move it to the glove box (the only reason i was wanting to just move the unit is so that i can put a double din in-dash dvd/cd and not lose my obc functions, or is the obc somewhere else? i just want to move the nav screen so i can put something else in its place, but in doing so will i lose my obc functions such as my fuel mileage, etc? the nav screen and tape deck is all one unit, and would probably eat up most of my glovebox. is there anything else i can use, bmw oem style, such as the head unit that fits under the flip face stash box just to save space, or should i just plan on moving the entire unit so that i can use the space it occupied. hopefully i've asked this question clearly enough. any input is appreciated. thanks a lot. branndon.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. i had seen that install on here before, impressive stuff. i wish there were more professional installers around here like that. the only thing that i'm wondering about is that i don't have that small thin obc like that. i have the built in obc/nav/tape deck thing. i just wonder how much of a bear it will be to move it, or if i could put one of those thin obc's in my car like what he has in his.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts