BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just returned from a two week trip through Europe in our Euro Delivery 325xi: Munich, Reutte, Venice, Florence, Lucca, Monterosso, St. Remy, La Roque, Paris.

Great trip, which I would not wanted to have done without the navigation system. The thought of arguing with my wife over a foreign language paper map at 90 miles an hour on an Italian highway is just too gruesome to consider.

I am not sure why BMW makes us buy the European DVD. We did this last year with Mercedes, and they just loaned us a DVD, and would only charge us if we did not return it.

In any case, I am now left with a perfectly good, brand new DVD Professional for All Europe edition of the BMW-Navteq DVD. This is the 2006-2 edition which just came out in May. The previous verion was the 2006-01, and dates from last fall, so the newer 06-2 version would be more up to date with all the new construction, of which there was a great deal going on in Europe.

If you are interested, I have it on sale at eBay: Item number: 320007131315. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ryZ38653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I suggest buying it used, use it over there, and then sell it. Not much point in buyin a new one from Navteq, unless you plan on staying over there, or untill new 2007 version comes out late this year.

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
MaverickRK said:
If you are interested, I have it on sale at eBay: Item number: 320007131315. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Navigation-DVD-06-2-Road-Map-Europe-Professional_W0QQitemZ320007131315QQihZ011QQcategoryZ38653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I suggest buying it used, use it over there, and then sell it. Not much point in buyin a new one from Navteq, unless you plan on staying over there, or untill new 2007 version comes out late this year.
No need to buy the DVD - you can rent it for your trip from Bimmerfest at a very low rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jspira said:
No need to buy the DVD - you can rent it for your trip from Bimmerfest at a very low rate.
Fair enough. If he is renting the most recent version, then it probably works out the same.

I did not happen to know about his rental service when I left, but on the other hand the most recent version (06-2) had just been released in May, I wanted to make sure I had the most recent version (one wrong turn could easily be worth any cost difference), and as he said, his discs are often booked months in advance.

If you buy a used copy of the most recent version, and then sell it as soon as you get back, you'll pretty much be in for less than the cost of the rental.

Either way works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts