BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

I'm quiet new to Esys and Coding, but i already coded several settings on my F36.
Now I wanted to try to enable the WiFi option for streaming.

All cheatsheets I found say this needs to get FDL coded:

HU_NBT 3003 WLAN_STATUS -> aktiv
HU_NBT 3003 WLAN_MODUS -> ap
HU_NBT 3003 WLAN_SIGNAL_STRENGTH -> incar/outdoor
HU_NBT 3003 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_COVERART -> aktiv
HU_NBT 3003 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_VIDEO -> aktiv
HU_NBT 3003 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP -> aktiv

In my HU_NBT2 CAFD the functions look a litte different (these are the factory settings in my car):

HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_STATUS -> nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_SIGNAL_STRENGTH -> incar
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_WIFI_DIRECT -> aktiv
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_CLIENT -> nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_AP -> nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_CHANNEL -> channel_01
HU_NBT2 3003 WLAN_DOMAIN -> strict
HU_NBT2 3000 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_COVERART -> nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 3000 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_VIDEO -> nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 3000 ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP -> nicht_aktiv

For first try I only changed WLAN_STATUS from nicht_aktiv to aktiv and the ENT_MC_WLAN functions (because WLAN_WIFI_DIRECT was already set to aktiv by default. the cheatsheets say this means AP and CLIENT at the same time, atleast when set at the "old" WLAN_MODUS).

This enabled the WiFi menu under connections in iDrive. But I was not able to tick the Enable Car Wifi checkbox in iDrive.

Then I thought maybe I have to change the type, so I set WLAN_WIFI_DIRECT to nicht_aktiv and WLAN_AP to aktiv.

But I still wasn't able to tick the checkbox for car wifi.

I tried to google for "WLAN_WIFI_DIRECT" to see if there are known problems, but seems like nobody talked about the different function naming conventions yet?

btw. what is possible with the wifi hotspot? Only Streaming? I've got connected drive / apps with LTE onboard, but don't have the BMW Internet Browser in my iDrive.

PS: does someone know what happened to TokenMaster? I wrote him 3 weeks ago via email, but never got a response :( I think there is currently no other option for coding cars of friends of mine except the pro launcher?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Almaretto for your quick reply.
Too bad that it was removed :(

Now I have to crawl my CAFDs for cool other functions :tsk:

Maybe HU_NBT2 3000 LICHTSCHWERT (lightsaber) where I also found nothing while googleing is a good starting point :rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the ID5 on NBT2 thread.
That would be very nice, but i read that its quiet hard (need to flash different firmware and so on) and theres much that is not working properly?
I think thats not good to do on a leased car?

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
I read the ID5 on NBT2 thread.
That would be very nice, but i read that its quiet hard (need to flash different firmware and so on) and theres much that is not working properly?
I think thats not good to do on a leased car?
I definitely would not do it until the FSC scheme is worked out and all functions are working properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats true...

But the GUI is very nice!

Offtopic: Is here a category, where you can post car configurations an others can tell you what are nice options you can enable via coding? Like 205 to 2TB, or other features where the needed hardware is already there but they are not enabled?

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Actually, it does work if you have NBT2 on ID5. I was able to get the option to show up but my WLAN antenna has an open circuit since there's no antenna. I'm going to try putting an antenna into it to see if I can see the SSID.
I read rumors that it might come back in NBT2, but had not seen it done yet. I could code WLAN on my HU_NBT, but would not be able to actually connect. Looking forward to your continued updates, including when you get this working.

Yeah thats true...

But the GUI is very nice!

Offtopic: Is here a category, where you can post car configurations an others can tell you what are nice options you can enable via coding? Like 205 to 2TB, or other features where the needed hardware is already there but they are not enabled?
I have never played with ID5, so I would not know.

As far as car configuration, there are plenty of Cheat Sheets that outline what and how to code various FDL's. You can always use the forum search function, using Function parameter names as keywords to pull up more information about individual options.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for OEM WIFI antenna? I have an NBT EVO with ID5 and an china antenna, but EVO keep saying that no wifi antenna present when scaning with Rheingold, even if it is working. And I want to install an OEM antenna to get rid of that error.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was able to get the option to show up but my WLAN antenna has an open circuit since there's no antenna.
Where did you see the message stating that the WLAN antenna has an open circuit? I need to check if my WLAN antenna is present before getting down to reaching NBT and would like to know a software check via Esys. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
hello friends, I have a nbt2 evo with atm and functions rtti, online, news, time, etc ... working, I have no wlan or active internet and I would like to activate it, would it be possible? how? Thanks in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts