BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to update my NBT tonight with v50.4 but it fail at 71% through the sw flash, I am trying to recover it with istaP but it just keeps rebooting it.

I tried with esys & ICOM first but that failed before the btloader update & could only get it to start using the URL option & that's when it failed at 71%.

If anyone has any tips that might get it to complete the update that would be great.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok after 4hrs on ista it won't program it, it make 3 attempts to save user data then moves to program but NBT just keeps rebooting, back on esys now on 38% & counting

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, after 9hrs of hell! It's done, turns out the the "Top Quality" enet cable I bought wasn't so good after all!
After holding it in position it went through ok.
Now I need to find out what extras we get with the 50.4 sw!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, completed with just esys, the only thing I see different is the new voice icon in the top left with suggestions when you use VR.
FCW I think is more related to KAFAS sw level & build date
I second the question if you got Siri too. I was also wondering if your display shows the volume level while you adjust it and what NBT_XXXX shows in your navigation version info. Sorry for the grand inquisition but I've been thinking about doing the upgrade myself.

·
Premium Member
46,265 Posts
Do you mind posting an idiot's guide to flashing the NBT? Is it pretty much the same process as that posted on 6WA retrofit?
Same exact process.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's the same process as Shawn posted in the dme flash thread but I also ticked ibandeploy which added 30mins to the flash time, I'm not sure what that updates though.
Here are some pics.
Blue Display device Font Technology Electric blue
Blue Screen Text Display device Technology
Car Vehicle Personal luxury car Bmw Executive car

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The voice icon has changed in the top left & has suggestions along the top, no visual volume or Siri voice but I have only coded it with my 0712 build date, will try it with 0713 & compare the NCD to see what's different.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was in an brand new f30 the other day & if I'm not mistaken when using Bluetooth audio you got album art & could select playlists etc.
Is there anyone with an 07/13 or later f10 or f30 who can confirm?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was in an brand new f30 the other day & if I'm not mistaken when using Bluetooth audio you got album art & could select playlists etc.
Is there anyone with an 07/13 or later f10 or f30 who can confirm?

This was in f10 LCI what's new literature so I assume it is a new nbt feature across the board. Could you please check your NBT version in navigation, should be right below the map version.

1 - 20 of 780 Posts