BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

641 - 660 of 783 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
ENET cable, ESYS 3.23.4
I had same error and flashing went well after installing esys on different computer
In my case error ocured while using laptop with native ista installed, after changing computer to the one with esys installed on win8 64bit it flashed NBT without problems.

I'm starting to think that maybe java version has something to do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've only taken apart the top portion where the drive and HDD portion is. I'm planning to open the bottom as I wanted to find out if the GPS, SAT and radio modules are removable. Are they?
I don't think so. You can see the radio board on the left, but that is soldered in. I didn't study the top pcb in detail to find the GPS chip, but I'm pretty sure it's not an actual module

Pic fixed!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had this happen to me once on a particular laptop with RealTek NIC card. Works great on Intel and Broadcom cards.

I had same error and flashing went well after installing esys on different computer
In my case error ocured while using laptop with native ista installed, after changing computer to the one with esys installed on win8 64bit it flashed NBT without problems.

I'm starting to think that maybe java version has something to do?

·
Token Master
1,032 Posts
i've attached some more internal photos, if anyone finds out how to activate the sdars station icons, please share.
Thanks! So it looks like the DAB/SAT/Radio is a separate module/daughterboard and the GPS is on the motherboard. I wonder if I could mix and match components. My old unit's GPS is perfect but without HD Radio and SAT. My new one has it but the GPS module is flaky.

I wish I have time to tinker this weekend :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello. I am trying to avoid flash fail with NBT, and I need help quickly. 07/2014 produced F30 with comfort access. When I leave ignition on, key inside car and drivers door open, ignition turns off after aprox. 20 minutes. Can I proceed with flash? Is there something to do to make ignition stay on? Power source is connected and engine is off. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes, it's done and it works. Thanks for TokenMaster and ShawnSheridan for confirming my thoughts via PM.

So I installed NBT from E60 to F30, flashed it with F30 vin, upgraded F30 fsc-codes to NBT and reinstalled NBT to E60.

·
Registered
19 Posts
please can anyone send me a set of fsc code with newer creation date. so I can Import them to my NBT with an emulator
because i missed up with my NBT fsc codes because I deactivate them

·
Registered
19 Posts
please can anyone send me a set of fsc code with newer creation date. so I can Import them to my NBT with an emulator

·
Premium Member
40,472 Posts
I sent you a set, so why do you need another?: confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guys, I have NBT in E-series and I am planning to flash it.

I have JBBF emulator for e-series which means I can flash E-series module on the table.
I am planning to use that with e-NBT adapter (which covert E-series Can system to F series). So by combining them it will power NBT and all I need would be Enet cable to flash NBT.

Sounds like a good idea?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hy, could you explain what is Parking Lomp mode ? In France, i don't find this mode in my manual (F31)
appreciate a picture :)
On 2014 F31 (a least on 7/2014 and later models), ignition will stay on only for 15 minutes, not depending on light switch. It is not a problem, just cycle ignition before SVT_soll calculation and before starting the flash. Ignition will stay on as long as the flashing is running. You can also activate KL15 constantly on with Rheingold but it is not really needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
On 2014 F31 (a least on 7/2014 and later models), ignition will stay on only for 15 minutes, not depending on light switch. It is not a problem, just cycle ignition before SVT_soll calculation and before starting the flash. Ignition will stay on as long as the flashing is running. You can also activate KL15 constantly on with Rheingold but it is not really needed.
Thanks for reply.
I use ENET with Rheingold and never seen anything about KL15. What is this exactly ?

641 - 660 of 783 Posts