BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,473 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,473 Posts
Verified that with an F33 equipped with the NBT-Evo/ATM system it prompts for Telephone or Additional Telephone selection when pairing.
Thanks. I think he is saying though both of his phones are paired, but only one can be used for Office, and the other one used for Audio, while both paired at same time. The question is whether this is normal behavior or not.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3, 2020 Arcimoto FUV
1,496 Posts
Thanks. I think he is saying though both of his phones are paired, but only one can be used for Office, and the other one used for Audio, while both paired at same time. The question is whether this is normal behavior or not.
Ah, I thought the issue was that he could only connect one phone at a time, period.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
1,496 Posts
Nope, I have office and all that but no second Bluetooth phone access. I can use one phone for voice and one for media but not two for either.
Would you please elaborate a little bit? Not 100% sure we are following what exactly you are trying to do here.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
The way it works on my vehicles, at least, is that you can pair up to two phones. So, you can make and receive calls from one at a time but without having to switch phones in idrive. It sounds like it is not working that way for tifosielia.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
1,496 Posts
The way it works on my vehicles, at least, is that you can pair up to two phones. So, you can make and receive calls from one at a time but without having to switch phones in idrive. It sounds like it is not working that way for tifosielia.
That is what I thought it sounded like too. But lets wait and let them verify that is the issue before we spend too much time working on a non-problem :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Would you please elaborate a little bit? Not 100% sure we are following what exactly you are trying to do here.
After coding EBT when going to the bluetooth connection menu I had Telephone 1 and media 1 ( I forget what it's called) but no Telephone 2.

Yep it wasn't.

So from the beginning of thread.

OP- forgot to code ATM. I fixed that but it didn't help

Solution:

#1 I had to enter Bluetooth connection menu (where it lists devices and you can assign telephone or media.)

#2 hit option on the device list and enable telephone 2... Now.it works

Thanks guys, glad I got it to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
More serious faults popping up

I just took my 07/16 340i in to the local dealer with all my connected drive, SOS button and traffic alerts not working. The service dept. called back today and said the car was throwing that second mic error/falut and was causing all these issues with remote services so that anything sent to the combox was being thrown off & nothing was being received remotely to the car. They want $285 to recode the car to factory settings b/c they "determined" that this was done outside of an approved dealer?! I guess my predicament is now two fold:

#1 - pay to have the car reset to factory settings, lose EBT, risk screwing up re-coding it again. Not sure if I even saved the right backup when I coded it originally in May 2017.

#2 - the laptop with E-sys on it died, cant remember what version it was running to code the car originally. I do remember there being a whole bunch of values that didnt populate correctly/have a reasonable title attached to them.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
I just took my 07/16 340i in to the local dealer with all my connected drive, SOS button and traffic alerts not working. The service dept. called back today and said the car was throwing that second mic error/falut and was causing all these issues with remote services so that anything sent to the combox was being thrown off & nothing was being received remotely to the car. They want $285 to recode the car to factory settings b/c they "determined" that this was done outside of an approved dealer?! I guess my predicament is now two fold:

#1 - pay to have the car reset to factory settings, lose EBT, risk screwing up re-coding it again. Not sure if I even saved the right backup when I coded it originally in May 2017.

#2 - the laptop with E-sys on it died, cant remember what version it was running to code the car originally. I do remember there being a whole bunch of values that didnt populate correctly/have a reasonable title attached to them.
If vehicle does not have two microphones, you should FDL-code HU with MICROPHONE_NUMBER = wert_1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That sounds like a much more reasonable solution first than paying the $285 straight to the dealership. What gets me is that the EBT coding did not cause any problems for about 2 months, then all of a sudden I couldn't send gps directions through the connected drive app, then discovered it was the whole slew of remote services. Thanks :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
That sounds like a much more reasonable solution first than paying the $285 straight to the dealership. What gets me is that the EBT coding did not cause any problems for about 2 months, then all of a sudden I couldn't send gps directions through the connected drive app, then discovered it was the whole slew of remote services. Thanks :thumbup:
Errors do not always show on dash and require ISTA+ diagnostic scan. Sometimes enough errors build up and things stop working. We are driving servers on wheels; sometimes too smart for itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And how do you go about doing an ISTA+ check? Is that something that can be done in E-sys or do I need some other software/hardware to fix this issue and check if there are any other warnings coming up that have effectively disabled all connected drive features?. Also, service finally got back to me and said they ran this issue up to PUVA, couldn’t hear exactly but they said it was BMW engineering.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
And how do you go about doing an ISTA+ check? Is that something that can be done in E-sys or do I need some other software/hardware to fix this issue and check if there are any other warnings coming up that have effectively disabled all connected drive features?. Also, service finally got back to me and said they ran this issue up to PUVA, couldn't hear exactly but they said it was BMW engineering.
ISTA+ is separate, easy to use, diagnostic and programming software.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936877

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sol

Finally had some time to try to code ou the second microphone issue, E-sys and the launcher no longer work. Have the premium launcher build 2.4.3, with e-sys 3.27.1 and v.59.2 psdzdata. Not sure what changed since May 2017, but the launcher just goes into a loop once it generates a free token?! Any thoughts?

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
1,496 Posts
Finally had some time to try to code ou the second microphone issue, E-sys and the launcher no longer work. Have the premium launcher build 2.4.3, with e-sys 3.27.1 and v.59.2 psdzdata. Not sure what changed since May 2017, but the launcher just goes into a loop once it generates a free token?! Any thoughts?
As of 1/1/18 the Premium launcher no longer works unfortunately.

Sent from my PH-1 using Bimmerfest mobile app

21 - 40 of 42 Posts