BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCD / CAFD Tool v5.2

Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series 
272K views 535 replies 173 participants last post by  uprockin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Going forward, latest version will be here: NCD / CAFD Tool: https://mega.co.nz/#F!HAdwmCzJ!kTdsZFT8dZliEkRkZY5JIA

Update: 05/07/2015 V0.3.7 Alpha
Updated portable PSdZData DB (V56.5 base).

Update: 05/07/2015 V0.3.1 Alpha
  • Made the PSdZdata database external. The Tool and the launchers are now using the same portable DB format
  • Minor bug fixes
Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9068891&postcount=223

Update: 03/29/2015 V0.3.0 Alpha
  • Added support for trimmed PSdZdata (V54.2+)
  • Minor bug fixes
  • New Obfuscation method to avoid false-positive detection by lazy AV Makers
Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8994241&postcount=140

Update: 11/10/2014 V0.2.8 Alpha
  • Added support for iCars (i3/i8)
  • Minor bug fixes
Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8701132&postcount=108

Update: 9/8/2014 V0.2.7 Alpha
  • Added Type Key options to "What-If" feature
  • Minor bug fixes

Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8578885&postcount=75

Update: 7/14/2014 V0.2.6 Alpha
  • Added "What-If SVT-CAFD" feature
  • Minor bug fixes

Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8461201&postcount=39

Update: 4/13/2014 V0.2.5

• Added "What-If FA-CAFD" feature
  • NCD/CFAD Comparison tool now excludes "Comments"
  • Minor bug fixes

Download link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8274628&postcount=21

=====
I was gonna wait until I add a "What-If" feature to the tool, but I learned that somebody's selling this tool for profit. It's also the reason why I created a new thread instead of adding to the existing thread I had for this tool, as I want to emphasize that the tool is free, if it isn't obvious enough.

Anyway, here are the added features:

1) Comparison Feature: Added Left and Right Values (or Left and Default Values) to the result:

I've been doing some retrofit and I thought it would be great to see the difference between two files easier and quicker.

2) Synchronized Window Panes. Scrolling left pane will make the right scroll too, and vice-versa. It's not perfect since Treeview control don't expose the scroll event but pretty close.

Finally, added this screen. It has no functional value whatsoever, except discourage selling the tool.

Not a Nag screen and will disappear as soon as any buttons are clicked.

Edit: Added attachment. Rename to "*.zip"/remove ".pdf" to extract

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Technical writing is never one of my strength LOL. The closest you can find to documentation is the old thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724259

The tool is very user-friendly, however and tooltips are plenty - to compensate for lack of documentation.

#7 ·
Coming Soon: New Feature

I've started working on a new feature I'm calling "What-If FA-CAFD". What it is, in a nutshell, is a coding guide which I hope would help a lot of us.

"What if I add 6WA, what would E-Sys do to my NCD?". "If I add 6NS, then..." You get my drift. This is entirely based on what's inside FA and CAFD. Based on your chosen FA, car series and build date, the tool analyzes your selected CAFD (or NCD) and list down all affected functions (non-default only) and what the value should be.

In early alpha stage. Comments, recommendations, criticism welcome.

There's a big reason why I'm adding this feature. But this is not the time for that.

#8 ·
I've started working on a new feature I'm calling "What-If FA-CAFD". What it is, in a nutshell, is a coding guide which I hope would help a lot of us.

"What if I add 6WA, what would E-Sys do to my NCD?". "If I add 6NS, then..." You get my drift. This is entirely based on what's inside FA and CAFD. Based on your chosen FA, car series and build date, the tool analyzes your selected CAFD (or NCD) and list down all affected functions (non-default only) and what the value should be.

In early alpha stage. Comments, recommendations, criticism welcome.

There's a big reason why I'm adding this feature. But this is not the time for that.
It's cool!
I just dreamed about that function!
You are awesome!

#12 ·
Build Level dictates what (Salapa) options are available, so yes, the list will change. Due to the sheer number of available options, this may not be noticeable though. And of course, everytime an option is changed, including series and build level, it needs to be calculated. Calculation takes a few seconds, not overly long.

The way it works right now is it relies on CAFD (or your NCD). CAFD contains the required FAFP ID and the car series it applies to. Now, this is where it became a little bit inconsistent. In series mapping, F20s and F30s are mapped to F020, although you can clearly see it uses different FAFP for F20 and F30. In CAFD, this is clearly delineated, meaning, F020 maps to F020 and F030 to F30s. I like the way CAFD does it and wish it was like that everywhere.

Also, FAFP does not discriminate between "codeable" and "non-codeable" options, i.e., you'll see "Light Allow Wheels" as available option and not surprisingly, CAFD will have functions related to it. Of course, it's pure trash but that's the way it is.

#21 ·
NCD / CAFD Tool V0.2.5 Alpha

Update: 4/13/2014 V0.2.5 Alpha
  • Added "What-If FA-CAFD" feature
  • NCD/CFAD Comparison tool now excludes "Comments"
  • Minor bug fixes

This is a direct drop-in replacement. If you have customized settings, just replace the executable to keep your settings intact. Settings are kept in NcdCafdTool.exe.Config file.

What-If FA-CAFD

This feature uses ncd file or CAFD file for input. If you use *.ncd, the tool will use the version of CAFD used to generate your ncd file, meaning the CAFD associated with your current I-Step. Opening CAFD allows you to use any version.

FAFP will be retrieved from CAFD and any main series not used by CAFD will be excluded. Selected Build Level will control available options.

You can quickly find an option by selecting an item, then typing it in, e.g. 6WA, 6NS...etc.

Results are determined by a particular CAFD and not every option will have an effect on the selected CAFD. Don't select any options that obviously don't have any code associated to it, e.g. 130, 23B

Results are meant to be use as a guide only. They are by no means authoritative or definitive. Verify and use at your own risks.

Lastly, this tool is free. Never pay anything for this tool.

Rename to .zip View attachment NcdCafdTool_V0.2.5.pdf
Alternate Download: Google Drive

#24 ·
Thank you, TokenMaster!
It's very nice!

I hope the next step will be "What-If FA-All CAFDs from SVT"

And please add K-words and E-words to SALAPA options if you can.
This was my initial intention, read from SVT. With all the ground works laid out, this shouldn't be too difficult. SVT contains specific CAFD, so it's just as many iterations as there are CAFDs in there. Just have to watch out for memory usage.

Nice observation on the E-Wort and Ho-Worts. I did leave it out on purpose, but will look at it again.

:thumbup:

#25 ·
This feature is not meant to do that. It's designed to work with standard feature the way BMW thinks it should work, not the way we want it to work.

Having said that, I asked for the ncd file from vithy. But even after I find all necessary parameters, it's not guaranteed to work as things like firmware will be a major factor. It was so much easier with HU_ENTRY. NBT is a different beast altogether so much so that things that did work on ENTRY/CHAMP/CIC may or may not work on it.

#37 ·
Sweet!

It would also be nice to be able to load a cars' FA into the FA/CAFD and SVT / CAFD SALAPA list. Loading the FA would automatically select the cars option list in cases where there are multiple dependencies.

Then when checking/unchecking an item would show the affected coding values based on the actual cars setting, not just the the few option names selected.

Or, am I missing the concept here?

#38 ·
I'm so entrenched into my OSX project that I forgot about this one.

Anyway, that's exactly how it should have been from the get-go, but when I looked at the options, it became too overwhelming to be useful. For instance, adding 522 (Xenon) alone produced a very long list from 3 ECUs. Of course, you can still select as many options as you want, if you don't mind going through the list. I think, to be successful in determining dependencies for options with certain degree of accuracy, I'd need to add KIS db into the fray. I'm avoiding KIS as there's no good .NET library for HSQLDB (KIS DB engine).

#39 · (Edited)
NCD / CAFD Tool V0.2.6 Alpha

Update: 7/14/2014 V0.2.6 Alpha
  • Added "What-If SVT-CAFD" feature
  • Minor bug fixes

This is a direct drop-in replacement. If you have customized settings, just replace the executable to keep your settings intact. Settings are kept in NcdCafdTool.exe.Config file.

I've been sitting on this version for months and I can't think of anything else to add.

What-If SVT-CAFD

This feature uses your SVT, instead of individual NCD files, for input. CAFD file version associated with your current I-Step, will be determined automatically from SVT file.
FAFP will be retrieved from CAFD and any main series not used by CAFD will be excluded. Selected Build Level will control available options. If multiple ECUs are affected by a particular option, all CAFDs pertaining to these ECUs will be listed.

You can quickly find an option by selecting an item, then typing it in, e.g. 6WA, 6NS...etc.

Results are determined by a particular CAFD and not every option will have an effect on the selected CAFD. Don't select any options that obviously don't have any code associated to it, e.g. 130, 23B

Results are meant to be use as a guide only. They are by no means authoritative or definitive. Verify and use at your own risks.

Lastly, this tool is free. Never pay anything for this tool.

Rename to .zip View attachment NcdCafdTool_V0.2.6.pdf
Alternate Download: Google Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.