BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through an old trade magazine (well...A month old) and in the back of the magazine (Automotive News) they list near the classified section auctions held by the respective financial institutions of each automaker, and staring right back at me was BMW Financial...And they were holding 7 auctions in the month of April in 7 different states.

It would probably be a good place to pick up a cheap, used BMW re-possessed from failed dot com executives. Maybe I can get Larry Gross's Imola Red ///M5. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for posting about this, Hack. I found this list of auctions on Automotive News' site:
http://www.autonews.com/page.cms?pageId=67

It'd be interesting to go to one of these and see what sort of bids are made. In my business (probate law), I sometimes conduct open-court real estate auctions. If the bidding isn't super-competitive, bargains are possible. If you get three or four serious bidders, though, watch out. You've got to set a limit in advance and stick to it. I've seen more than a few people lose their heads and keep bidding way past fair market value.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts