BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was one of the first to have this happen.

I had the same thing. It took my dealer 4 times to fix both sides. With my help and BMWNA we got it fixed.

Problem:

If you look closely at the inside of the door, there is a trim piece that is hitting the weather strip. It is the middle trim piece on the door. Heres a quick way to tell what the problem is. Lower your driver side window and close the door. You should be outside of the car. Now look inside the car where the door meets the weather strip. You should see a bulge in the weather strip. That trim piece that is hitting the weather strip is the problem. That's what making your door not close.

Solution:

The middle trim piece on the door should be moved forward (towards the engine). You will see what I mean. The dealer should know how to do this. Also the weather strip should be glued down a little bit. It is a very simple fix. If u have any questions just ask.
-SilverBmw

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
SilverBmw said:
I was one of the first to have this happen.

I had the same thing. It took my dealer 4 times to fix both sides. With my help and BMWNA we got it fixed.

Problem:

If you look closely at the inside of the door, there is a trim piece that is hitting the weather strip. It is the middle trim piece on the door. Heres a quick way to tell what the problem is. Lower your driver side window and close the door. You should be outside of the car. Now look inside the car where the door meets the weather strip. You should see a bulge in the weather strip. That trim piece that is hitting the weather strip is the problem. That's what making your door not close.

Solution:

The middle trim piece on the door should be moved forward (towards the engine). You will see what I mean. The dealer should know how to do this. Also the weather strip should be glued down a little bit. It is a very simple fix. If u have any questions just ask.
-SilverBmw
Boy that sounds mighty familiar... It sounds like me and you have went through this a lot. Why don't we go and work for bmw and get the rubber fixed ;) I've had mine working now for about 6 months, its still intact :thumb:

·
Registered
149 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

Boy that sounds mighty familiar... It sounds like me and you have went through this a lot. Why don't we go and work for bmw and get the rubber fixed ;) I've had mine working now for about 6 months, its still intact :thumb:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I went through that last summer and thankfully it is still intact.

I havent had the time yet to call up BMWNA to get my stuff fixed. I might have to wait untill baseball season ends in a couple of weeks.....

-SilverBmw

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.