BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need a helmet for BMWCCA driving school.......

2362 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  operknockity
Says "must be snell 95 or later"...

Any other "Must haves" for a BMWCCA driving school?

Any ideas which one(s) are good and where to get at a good price?
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
I would NOT get an M certified helemt for auto use. Get an SA rated helmet.

There is a difference in how they test impact ratings for the different ratings. M helmets are for single impact and sliding. SA helmets for multiple impacts (head moving around in car).

Als SA rated helmets use fire resistant/retardant materials.

For autocross, it is not a big deal, for track days it is.

Also many track days will not allow M rated helemts, so buy the right one first and not have to do it again.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.