BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a new muffler for my 93 325i. I know its worth it to pay up for a good quality one but i just cant afford it. So whats a decent cheap muffler. Help me out please. What are some good options. If you have one for sale let me know

·
WYKDBMR
700 Posts
If you don't have the funds for a nice expensive one then just go to a muffler shop and they can sell you a universal for cheap. You can check Craigslist or your local junk yard. I found a complete stock catback at the junk yard for like $45 bucks or so that is still in my car now. However, I am thinking about putting my old HKS Klasse exhaust back on since its been in my back yard for like 2 years after my last exhaust ticket :).

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
Yeah, if you just want something normal, you can usually find people selling their stock exhausts for under $50.

·
Registered
12,857 Posts
OBX cat back exhaust system is about $200 shipped if you shop around.
I've got one and it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
12,857 Posts
I cant even find a system for an e36 from OBX
What search engine are you using?!?! A search on E36 OBX brings up two dozen or more links. A search on E36 OBX catback gives you a link to the supplier I provided to you in the previous post......:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ohh sorry i didn't notice the link that he gave me. Thanks. Before i was on the obx website and couldnt find it. i don't know. But thank you i will most likely get that unless you have any other suggestions. An m3 one would be cool but i dont know where i could find one

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
oe exhausts are *heavy*!!! don's sounds quite nice, imo, but i am not a fan of real shiny stuff. the posished stainless is quite bright, i had thought it chrome initially.

iirc the tips also point upwards, which some people like. hopefully there will be some nice blue hues on the tips soon....:angel:

myself?? i went with a frankexhaust, but that's because i can. :D

melted my valance with it, too....:(

but i can fix. probably will get it all squared away this weekend.

if you were closer i have an //M3 exhaust i am getting rid of asap. the midpipe is modified, though, for obd1.

anyway, pics will be expected of you once completed at a minimum. vids are the preferred submission around here. before and after, please....:D

df

1 - 18 of 18 Posts