BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I toke all the fuses out to check them (I'm an idiot :p) now can't find any resource to put them back :mad:. if you have a 530i (2004), please attach a picture of fuse box in glove box. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Welcome to the forum .
Just a suggestion .. Buy you're self a test light . It's way better than pulling all the fuses out to check them .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum .
Just a suggestion .. Buy you're self a test light . It's way better than pulling all the fuses out to check them .
Thank you! really need to do that! never thought BMWs are so picky :cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know where the front passenger window relay is?
What problem are you encountering with your car window? Was it existing before your intervention on your car's fuse box? Is the window not rolling at all or not rolling properly? Are there any codes you have pulled out as a guide? Is any of the codes description showing malfunction on your car's footware module? Asking to know so I could join you in your troubleshooting and fixes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What problem are you encountering with your car window? Was it existing before your intervention on your car's fuse box? Is the window not rolling at all or not rolling properly? Are there any codes you have pulled out as a guide? Is any of the codes description showing malfunction on your car's footware module? Asking to know so I could join you in your troubleshooting and fixes
This is the whole story! my car was off in the garage with all the windows closed. The day after one of the windows (passenger front) was opened by itself. I rolled that up but its not working anymore! I thought its the fuse so I checked all of them but no luck. Now each time its throwing a random msg (drive control system malfunction! driver restraint system fault! ...) I don't know whats wrong :mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is the whole story! my car was off in the garage with all the windows closed. The day after one of the windows (passenger front) was opened by itself. I rolled that up but its not working anymore! I thought its the fuse so I checked all of them but no luck. Now each time its throwing a random msg (drive control system malfunction! driver restraint system fault! ...) I don't know whats wrong :mad:
It's possible that your car's window has free fallen out of its power window regulator, hence operating it to move upward is not possible since it's no longer in the regulator which should have moved it upward. It's way far from being a fuse or solenoid problem as ignition was off, solenoids operates when energized or de-energized. As for the other alarms, pulling out codes from the car's DME will be an easy way to narrow down on the actual causes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's possible that your car's window has free fallen out of its power window regulator, hence operating it to move upward is not possible since it's no longer in the regulator which should have moved it upward. It's way far from being a fuse or solenoid problem as ignition was off, solenoids operates when energized or de-energized. As for the other alarms, pulling out codes from the car's DME will be an easy way to narrow down on the actual causes.
It's not working at all! The lights don't dim when I hit the button! Any suggestion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I changed the battery! It fixed the errors! But the window still doesn't work. As I said, When I hit the button, nothing happens! It doesn't make a sound/dim the lights! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts