BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thx in advance.
A few weeks back my AC started to quit on me and and only came on intermittently.
A week ago it quit for good. I ordered a new BEHR blower from BavAuto and I replaced it today.
Still no Air! I tried turning the air on full (to bypass the FSU). Still nothing
What gives? Any ideas? Should I replace the FSU next?
Thx again guys for any light you can shed on this matter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That does seem logical

However there are pins in the FSR that may not contacting sufficiently, I actually replaced that connection with a tight fitting used part.

There is also a relay for the blower motor under RH dashboard that I am suspicious about? It is not an expensive part so why not change? You will be there while replacing the FSR!:dunno:

61368373700 green white color but check BMW OEM for exact location.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Are you saying the blower never comes on? Have you pulled abs checked the fuses? Activation of the AC requires that the climate control module(IHKA) receives the following signals:
- refrigerant pressure is ok
- evaporator temperature is above 35*F
- engine computer (DME) provides “ok to engage compressor pulley clutch” signal.

I’m betting the refrigerant is low. This requires the following:
- evacuation of remaining refrigerant
- 30 minute AC system vacuum test to check for leaks
- replacement of dryer (optional but highly recommended)
- fill of the exact amount of refrigerant and compressor oil (critical).

I highly recommend against using those refrigerant refill cans from the local parts store. Why? The AC system in modern bimmers is doesn’t like being over- or under-filled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts