• Topaz Blue/Natural or Sand Leather

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've narrowed it down to 4 final color combinations and each one has it's own merits. I plan on keeping this car for a long time so I have to be happy with my final decision. Here they are with my own opinion:

Titanium Silver/Black - Super safe combo, there are millions of them, the silver accents the body shape. Black interior is pretty maintenance free. Timeless look overall.

Oxford Green/Natural Brown - Super rich, very british look, luxurious, and not a special order, And rare. Interesting mix with the black panels/brown leather. Only drawback is that the green really doesn't make the car "pop" out only in bright sunshine

Steel Grey/Natural Brown - Very subdued, sophisticated color. Extremely understated. But the brown works in nicely with the entire combo. Only drawback is that it may be too understated.

Topaz Blue with either Sand or Natural Brown - The blue really stands out in daylight or night. It almost looks like you have two color for the price of one. The sand would lighten up the interior, but the natural would be a tad richer.

I would appreciate your opinions.

20,210 Posts
If you choose Topaz I would seriously consider gray leather.

There is a hint of a blue hue to the gray that complements Topaz beautifully.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You can't go wrong with Titanium silver, even if everyone and their mother and dog has it.

There is something very sweet about that contrasting black molding around the car (I know some people don't like it and paint it out to match the color of the car), but I like it and it makes the car sportier IMO.

I went with the Gray Leather interior (Titanium Silver Exterior), due to 2 things, the Gray color makes the interior look larger, and it is not as hot as black during the summer. A black leather interior is sportier though.

Good luck - did you finally decide what you wanted?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God, if Siera Red was still available

I know, I know.......it's not available and probably never will be, but I've always loved red, but not a garish red. I loved the pics that John posted of that Siera Red. Really nice almost cherry red metallic color.

But it will never be available, so stop dreaming. Unless I look for used. I did bump into a used 323i in that color, but if I'm throwing that kind of money into a car then I have to go for new.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
They're all great color combos. You will NOT regret any of the four. Really.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Topaz over sand is a BEAUTIFUL combination, and seems to be pretty rare in sedans. At least 6 months passed before I saw another car with the same color combination as mine. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not on your list but...

I was buying used so I was at the mercy of what came up although I was willing to wait... The plan was black in and out... It is kind of my thing and yes I did find it, as well as black and sand... But then, I came across an Orient Blue with Black interior... That was it, bought it the next day. Looks black at night but IMHO it is much classier than the Black. Very sporty but still elegant. And I wouldn't trade my black interior for anything...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up my 2002 325xi - ordered it with Titanium Silver and black leather - would not have done it any other way. I skipped the premium package as I wanted silver trim (dont like wood in a car) and bought options separately - an incredible look!!! Other Bimmer friends were skeptical, but were amazed at the look.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ezzthetic said:
Not on your list but...

I was buying used so I was at the mercy of what came up although I was willing to wait... The plan was black in and out... It is kind of my thing and yes I did find it, as well as black and sand... But then, I came across an Orient Blue with Black interior... That was it, bought it the next day. Looks black at night but IMHO it is much classier than the Black. Very sporty but still elegant. And I wouldn't trade my black interior for anything...
YES! Totally agree. I just placed my order this month and am awaiting production. Exact same combo. As for the poll question, I didn't vote. I would have gone with Titanium Silver/Black if I were to vote, though. The original author is correct in that it has a timeless look, even if it suffers from a high degree of commonality. I agree that the fact that it is a common color shouldn't discourage someone from choosing that color necessarily. That color combo was my 3rd or 4th choice. Other choice was either Steel Blue/Black, Steel Grey/Black, and Topaz Blue/Black would have been in there, too. I agree that no matter what the original author chooses, things will go very well. I was surprised at how difficult a decision color was, but I agree that the Orient Blue/Black just looks so classy, plus I ordered the Xenon's! Good luck, dude!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting Strategy

It didn't dawn on me on the silver/black combo to go with options separately to knock out the myrtle wood trim. I'll have to price it to see if it costs less to go on a per item/option vs. just going premium all the way. The metal would look perfect for the interior.

That's why you guys are around. Great resource and excellent ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you buy the options separately, its close to the same price when you eliminate the wood trim - its just a great look.

I opted for roof, bi xenon, HK, leather and steptronic trans. wish i took the heated seats, but car moved to production too fast and could not change the order.

Totally satisfied with the car - hopefully the all wheel drive comes through for me in the winter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
WHAT A NICE GUY!

Letting all of us pick the color of his car.

I picked my own color, all by myself, did'nt even ask the Mrs.

perhaps next we could vote on which girl for you to date, please show us pictures!

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
atyclb said:
If you choose Topaz I would seriously consider gray leather.

There is a hint of a blue hue to the gray that complements Topaz beautifully.
Can I get a "hells yeah"?

·
Registered
362 Posts
All of the color choices are so great with BMW. BMW has excellent color combinations and very classy colors.

I think the Titan Silver looks very sporty, but Silve has been in for a while and I think it might be on the way back out in a few years. How silly, just what I read in some stupid magazine.

Anyway, I really like the darker colors to add class and luxury to a very sporty car. OB/NB is my favorite combination, but if I had to choose again tomorrow, I would go through all of the same agony again....and probably still wind up with OB/NB. I have seem some hot pics of it, but mine will not be here for another 2 weeks, so I have to wait to see it in person.

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
I really like the Topaz Blue/Natural combo, especially since the carpeting and dashboard remain Black in color. I still prefer leatherette for its guilt-free durability, especially in Black, but if I had ordered leather, I would have chosen Natural.

In any case, Topaz! Go Topaz! :thumbup:

Michael

·
Registered
9 Posts
Topaz/sand is a very nice combo. I went with Topaz/black because I don't see many sedans with this combo, but the sand is a nice contrast to Topaz. You are right about getting 2 colors for the price of one; the color is totally different at day and at night. Whatever combo you choose, you will love it. :)

·
Grabastic Slug
356 Posts
Kind of a dumb question, but how are you getting the Steel Grey/Natural Brown Leather combo? I'm in the color agony phase of ordering my 2003 330CiC as well, but the BMWUSA website says that is not a valid combination. Only black and grey leather interior with Steel Grey exterior.

:dunno:

·
Realtor/Mortgage Broker
185 Posts
kneebiters said:
Kind of a dumb question, but how are you getting the Steel Grey/Natural Brown Leather combo? I'm in the color agony phase of ordering my 2003 330CiC as well, but the BMWUSA website says that is not a valid combination. Only black and grey leather interior with Steel Grey exterior.

:dunno:
I do not know why BMW limits choices on their site, but it's 100% possible to get one of the 4 leather colors with any exterior. Just take me for example. :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts