BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I currently have a 2006 525xi that I absolutely love, however I'm itching to get behind the wheel of an F10. Since I live in Northern NJ and have no desire to have 300hp at my disposal, I'm waiting for the 2012 528xi. I have a few questions that I hope the experts on the forum can help me with:

1) When should I order to guarantee a December delivery date?

2) Has there been any update regarding the possibility of the 2012 528 having a 4-cylinder engine?

3) I own the car right now, however I'd like to lease the next one (either 36 or 48 months). (actually it is financed, but the final payment is in December) How would I work out such a deal? Could I use the trade-in value towards a MSD type of deal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
2) Has there been any update regarding the possibility of the 2012 528 having a 4-cylinder engine?b
This has been confirmed. If you want an inline 6, better order now. Understand you're waiting for an xi, but...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi everyone, I currently have a 2006 525xi that I absolutely love, however I'm itching to get behind the wheel of an F10. Since I live in Northern NJ and have no desire to have 300hp at my disposal, I'm waiting for the 2012 528xi. I have a few questions that I hope the experts on the forum can help me with:

2) Has there been any update regarding the possibility of the 2012 528 having a 4-cylinder engine?

3) I own the car right now, however I'd like to lease the next one (either 36 or 48 months). (actually it is financed, but the final payment is in December) How would I work out such a deal? Could I use the trade-in value towards a MSD type of deal?

Thanks!

Rob
1) To get december delivery, I would order in late september. 2-3 weeks to build car and 5-6 weeks for overseas journey.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Thanks!

Rob
I was previously in a 2008 528xi and wanted to get the 2011 528 x-drive. The tentative date for that is Nov/Dec 2011. I live in Central NJ and I agree with not needing the 300 hp in the 535xi, but I did end up getting into one due to the loyalty discount given for folks in my situation if I wanted to go lateral. It is a blast, and I'm not so sure I'd be happy with a 4 cyclinder BMW. Something not right with that in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The new twin-turbo 4 cylinder has more power and torque than the outgoing I-6. And it consumes less fuel. Why wouldn't you want it over the 6 cylinder?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Is this for real? A 4 cylinder 5 Series? That's going to be a hard sell. I know I wouldn't want one.

·
7,121 Posts
The new twin-turbo 4 cylinder has more power and torque than the outgoing I-6. And it consumes less fuel. Why wouldn't you want it over the 6 cylinder?
Single turbo. "Twin-power" (twin scroll).

and the answer is image. (and exhaust note).

·
7,121 Posts
Is this for real? A 4 cylinder 5 Series? That's going to be a hard sell. I know I wouldn't want one.
:rofl:

Ever seen what they sell in Europe?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Mostly diesel as far as I can tell.
Wouldn't want one of them either.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think it is not a bad idea... A powerful turbo charged four cylinder should be less heavy than the I6 it replaces. I am betting it will get better fuel economy, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated! In terms of actually negotiating a deal however, how does one trade-in a vehicle and lease a new one? Does the dealer just cut you a check for the trade-in? Is it advisable to use some of those bucks for multiple security deposits?

Thanks,

Rob

·
7,121 Posts
Suggest you read up on leasing. Essentially a lease is a rental. Think of it in these very simple terms:

Car is worth X when new
Lease term is whatever you choose as a plan.
Car is worth Y at the end of the lease term (residual)
Money factor is your interest rate for the loan.

Your payment is financing the difference between the price new and the residual value. You can negotiate the initial price. You can give them a down payment to reduce your monthly, just like a normal loan. Only difference is, you turn the car in at the end, or pay the residual and keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts