BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got my car out the shop on a Monday and got hit on a Thursday. Im wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I was coming out a plaza trying to make a left onto the suicide/yellow lane and when i stopped in the street a van had smashed it's brakes and hit me on the driver side. NO INSURANCE...

What do you guys think of the damage and how much it would cost. I was able to drive it into a parking lot for a tow truck and no airbags came out and the car starts up. Thanks for your time guys... Im hoping to fix it soon I just dont know where to start!

Attachments

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

awavybaby, I gotta be honest....looks baaad. You're out your deductable. Naturally, being a BMW driver, we assume was Cheech & Chong lacked insurance, not you.

Outta pocket until other party pays, as they'll find your insurance will hound them to the bitter end for their loss.

Those are the brakes! On the sunny side, what options you want in your new ride?

Logo

·
///Member
508 Posts
Well I got my car out the shop on a Monday and got hit on a Thursday. Im wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I was coming out a plaza trying to make a left onto the suicide/yellow lane and when i stopped in the street a van had smashed it's brakes and hit me on the driver side. NO INSURANCE...

What do you guys think of the damage and how much it would cost. I was able to drive it into a parking lot for a tow truck and no airbags came out and the car starts up. Thanks for your time guys... Im hoping to fix it soon I just dont know where to start!
#1 You are lucky you didn't get a ticket because your use of the center turn lane is not legal. It is only for turning left off of the main motorway, not merging into traffic. You must wait for both directions of traffic to be clear to make a safe left turn.

#2 Mine is newer and a bit more damage but this is going to be north of $15k...

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
#1 You are lucky you didn't get a ticket because your use of the center turn lane is not legal. It is only for turning left off of the main motorway, not merging into traffic. You must wait for both directions of traffic to be clear to make a safe left turn.

#2 Mine is newer and a bit more damage but this is going to be north of $15k...

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
In California it is legal to do this manouver - left turn into center line and merge
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/hdbk/traffic_lanes.

·
Car guy since 1968
1,478 Posts
Looks totaled, but get an estimate from a body shop. Until you have that you have nothing to work with.

Your insurance company will cover the damage minus the deductible, then go after the other driver for the cost. If they can get their money back from him, then after it's paid off you will get a check for the deductible. Happened to me, took 3 years but I did get a check for the deductible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the replies. The car still starts and can drive . The front in the picture is the damage . I didnt have insurance at the time but im trying to fix it now. All out of pocket. If there are any suggestions on where to start or what I would need to think about replacing would be nice. Im looking for a trustworthy shop I can go to. Thanks for the time to look at this post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.