BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have managed to secure this 98' 523i Step as a company car (a new one is out of the question due to Danish taxes).

Its has 224.000 km on the meter but is running as new - no noises or oil consumption what so ever. Only problem is numerous scratches and chips - some of them have startet to rust (picture).

I am considering getting the car repainted. Anything I need to know before I do this - I would of cause like to avoid a lot of fuzz due to a bad paint job etc.

Br.

JASE

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Before repainting the whole car which costs a lot.
I would buy some other parts that may need to be painted, and have all painted at once.

like, i might put on m5 front and rear bumpers, and then have everything painted...

I like your interior, what is that monitor thing in front of the shift? I've never seen that...

Did that come from factory?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The monitor thing is an AC Schnitzer adapter for the VDO Dayton Nav-system. The CD-ROM based VDO nav-system is hoplessly outdated, but I don't want to bother removing it from the car :)

Just washed the car tonight. The paint is flaking on the edges on the inside of the wheel arches. I has only started on the rear fenders, so I hope these can be sanded down. I might have to replace the front right fender.

Br.

JASE

·
Registered
329 Posts
jseedorff said:
The monitor thing is an AC Schnitzer adapter for the VDO Dayton Nav-system. The CD-ROM based VDO nav-system is hoplessly outdated, but I don't want to bother removing it from the car :)

Just washed the car tonight. The paint is flaking on the edges on the inside of the wheel arches. I has only started on the rear fenders, so I hope these can be sanded down. I might have to replace the front right fender.

Br.

JASE
looks really cool... but the shifter gets in the way of the view no??

you don't use it at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts