BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tons of research to buy my family's(wife's?) hauler replacing 2004 Infiniti FX35. After test driving of competitive candiates, Q7, Q5 and Cayenne, we finally decided to choose X5 35i.

Now it's time to negotiate. I know just missed Mission to Drive promotion. But I want to make a reasonable deal by hearing your feedbacks.

Truecar.com says

BMW X5 35i Sport Activity white/black with conveience package, technology package, premium hifi audio, 3rd row seat, and leather dashboard.

MSRP $68,575
Invoice $63,555
Average paid $63,255

excluding $1,700 option credit and $1,000 BMWFS credit.

I thought I just will go 'haggle-free' way as long as the Truecar offer is close to the average price. But Truecar dealers around Atlanta, GA area (United and Athens) offer way much higher price ($1,500 above invoice excluding incentives) than the average. Based on, however, posts on here and edmunds recently, they could get offered around invoice price.

How much over invoice should I get these days? Can I still use the average paid price on Truecar.com for negotiation? I will stop by other dealers tomorrow. But I don't want to make an too high first offer.

Also if I use BMWFS for financing, can I have both 0.9% APR and $1,000 credit? I read a post here saying that I only can get one of these. But I cannot find the restriction on BMW website.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you might be qualified for loyalty $1,000 as well. Not sure if you can take both.

How much over invoice should I get these days? Can I still use the average paid price on Truecar.com for negotiation? I will stop by other dealers tomorrow. But I don't want to make an too high first offer.
$500-1000 over invoice.

Also if I use BMWFS for financing, can I have both 0.9% APR and $1,000 credit? I read a post here saying that I only can get one of these. But I cannot find the restriction on BMW website.
0.9% for 24 months finance, 2.9% for 60 months.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hey matt, you mentioned in another post that you can get up to $6k credit for 35d's? if i break down this correctly, you have:

- $2,500 ECO credit
- $1,000 Mission to drive rebate
- $1,000 Loyalty credit
- $1,730 Option credit

So, any conditions on any above incentives/rebate? such as deliver date, etc?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,385 Posts
hey matt, you mentioned in another post that you can get up to $6k credit for 35d's? if i break down this correctly, you have:

- $2,500 ECO credit
- $1,000 Mission to drive rebate
- $1,000 Loyalty credit
- $1,730 Option credit

So, any conditions on any above incentives/rebate? such as deliver date, etc?
Ditto, I got those ecept the mission credit. About $10k off of MSRP.

I really don't trust any of these websites that come up with "true" market pricing...like trucar or Edmunds TMV price... Three reasons:

1. I just don't believe they get accurate numbers
2. There are a lot of stupid people buying cars...we don't meet them here, and salesmen have wet dreams about them
3. The financial incentive for edmunds, truecar to 'bias' their numbers higher is extreme.

Every time this comes up, the term "invoice" is confusing... lets use the term "dealer cost"

So dealer cost is Invoice, minus all incentives, plus a few 'add on fees' that BMW charges the dealer.

So for a diesel you should get $500 over 'cost'

What is cost? Lets look: Take invoice, minus 2500 eco, minus 1730 nav (if you order nav), 1000 each for mision or loyalty (if you qualify)

THen add $200 for trainig, add $300 or so for MACO

This number is (kind of) the cost to the dealer....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditto, I got those ecept the mission credit. About $10k off of MSRP.

I really don't trust any of these websites that come up with "true" market pricing...like trucar or Edmunds TMV price... Three reasons:

1. I just don't believe they get accurate numbers
2. There are a lot of stupid people buying cars...we don't meet them here, and salesmen have wet dreams about them
3. The financial incentive for edmunds, truecar to 'bias' their numbers higher is extreme.

Every time this comes up, the term "invoice" is confusing... lets use the term "dealer cost"

So dealer cost is Invoice, minus all incentives, plus a few 'add on fees' that BMW charges the dealer.

So for a diesel you should get $500 over 'cost'

What is cost? Lets look: Take invoice, minus 2500 eco, minus 1730 nav (if you order nav), 1000 each for mision or loyalty (if you qualify)

THen add $200 for trainig, add $300 or so for MACO

This number is (kind of) the cost to the dealer....
When people say 'cost', it does not include tax and title. Am I correct?

·
Registered
958 Posts
No, it absolutely does not! Take the breakdown Ard gave you. So it goes something like this...

Invoice (calculated on www.bmwconfig.com)
LESS: Rebates & Incentives
PLUS: Dealer Profit ($250 to $1000)
PLUS: MACO ($0 to $250 depending on what the number is for Dealer Profit - if you negotiated $250 Dealer Profit, expect to pay $250 in MACO and other BS fees, if you paid $1000 Dealer Profit, this should really be $0)
PLUS: Sales Tax, Title and License
EQUALS: Drive Out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Asking 72K for 2012 35i

Hello guys,
I'm in market for X5 35i Sport activity model- with Convenience pack,Tech pack, 3rd row. any color except beige interiors.

Having tough time getting one in Bay Area,CA and through out west cost(as per sales person at local BMW dealers east bay,concord,SF,Berkly,Santa Rafeal & San matio)

Looks like the original poster got a good deal!

Buying one for my company and want to save some tax dollars doing so before the end of the year(31 Dec 2011)....can't seems to find the car and giving up:(
After calling every possible BMW in CA found one car with all kinds of possible packs on it(some where in Arizona with $800-900 to transport) with an asking price of 72K + fee+tax...after much debate the lowest they offered is 70K- this will rack up my on road price to at least 75K+ which is way more than we intended...:mad:

New to this forum and to BMW!
Any advise is appreciated..:angel:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hello guys,
I'm in market for X5 35i Sport activity model- with Convenience pack,Tech pack, 3rd row. any color except beige interiors.

Having tough time getting one in Bay Area,CA and through out west cost(as per sales person at local BMW dealers east bay,concord,SF,Berkly,Santa Rafeal & San matio)

Looks like the original poster got a good deal!

Buying one for my company and want to save some tax dollars doing so before the end of the year(31 Dec 2011)....can't seems to find the car and giving up:(
After calling every possible BMW in CA found one car with all kinds of possible packs on it(some where in Arizona with $800-900 to transport) with an asking price of 72K + fee+tax...after much debate the lowest they offered is 70K- this will rack up my on road price to at least 75K+ which is way more than we intended...:mad:

New to this forum and to BMW!
Any advise is appreciated..:angel:
Contact these forum sponsors:

Jon Shafer at BMW Santa Barbara
Greg Poland at Pacific BMW
Dencoop at Exotic Motor World

One of these guys will be able to hook you up with the X5 of your choice for about $500 over invoice.

Good luck...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you Matt.
Not sure what a forum sponsor mean.....sorry new to this!
I'm going to call south cal dealers and ask for these special persons. Hope they don't mind helping me in north cal.

Thanks again -very much appreciated.

Contact these forum sponsors:

Jon Shafer at BMW Santa Barbara
Greg Poland at Pacific BMW
Dencoop at Exotic Motor World

One of these guys will be able to hook you up with the X5 of your choice for about $500 over invoice.

Good luck...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thank you Matt.
Not sure what a forum sponsor mean.....sorry new to this!
I'm going to call south cal dealers and ask for these special persons. Hope they don't mind helping me in north cal.

Thanks again -very much appreciated.
Forum sponsors are people that support (and pay for) the continued operation of this site. These three guys are all stand up sales people with multiple supporters here. You can either call them, or send them a private message through the site. E-mail works too...

I'm sure any of them will be happy to help you in Northern CA.

Good luck...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you. I signed today with $500 above invoice price before option credits and rebates applied. It was not tough and rough at all because I brought my weapon that Matt told. Finally they took my offer. I didn't want to do ping-pong game because they gave me another sweet thing. Today I got the production number and it is scheduled to 51wk. Very much appreciated to all. I will not look back anymore. It's time to enjoy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
64K is a great deal. Enjoy...

Thanks to all of you. I signed today with $500 above invoice price before option credits and rebates applied. It was not tough and rough at all because I brought my weapon that Matt told. Finally they took my offer. I didn't want to do ping-pong game because they gave me another sweet thing. Today I got the production number and it is scheduled to 51wk. Very much appreciated to all. I will not look back anymore. It's time to enjoy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
congraz and would you mind telling us how much credit/rebate you got in total?

btw, since you are purchasing, what's the APR you get?

thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For potential buyer here is what I have.

2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity,
Alpine White / Black Nevada Leather

4AZ Dark Bamboo wood trim
ZCV Convenience Package
456 Multi-contour seats
4UB 3rd row seat
610 Head-up Display
677 Premium hi-fi system
4M5 Nappa Leather Dashboard and Center Console

I worked with Thad Flowers at Nalley BMW Decatur. Besides his hospitality, I really like the air of Nalley BMW. Like someone mentioned in this forum, Nalley is 'Avis' of Atlanta dealers.
Anyway the MSRP and invoce price with above options and packages is $69,075 and $64,015. We made a deal at $500 above the invoice price before $1,730 option credit and $1,000 finance credit applied. So the price (including MACO and regional fee) is $61,885.
I don't think it's the best deal but I'm truely satisfied it.

The interesting part is this. I asked him about the production allocation and when I can get the production number. He answered that he already has the number because the factory will replace and add some options for me to the X5 which is already in the production list. I think Nalley placed an order for dealer vehicles and one of those is not in the production status yet. That's what I understand. Anyway if I'm lucky, I can get the X5 in this year. =) Sweet!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am in market for an X5 as well. When negotiating with the invoice price from bmwconfig.com, should I include the destination / handling and training fee or should I base my invoice without them?

Thanks everyone.
When I negotiated with the price, the invoice does include training fee, but does not include MACO fee. But I don't think it makes the difference. Anyway I paid invoice price (shown in bmwconfig) + MACO + $500 (profit) + tax + title. Hope this help!

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I negotiated with the price, the invoice does include training fee, but does not include MACO fee. But I don't think it makes the difference. Anyway I paid invoice price (shown in bmwconfig) + MACO + $500 (profit) + tax + title. Hope this help!
Great deal... Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
EVerything is negotiable, don't be afraid to lowball. You should be around 9500-10k below sticker price after done negotiating
I have tons of research to buy my family's(wife's?) hauler replacing 2004 Infiniti FX35. After test driving of competitive candiates, Q7, Q5 and Cayenne, we finally decided to choose X5 35i.

Now it's time to negotiate. I know just missed Mission to Drive promotion. But I want to make a reasonable deal by hearing your feedbacks.

Truecar.com says

BMW X5 35i Sport Activity white/black with conveience package, technology package, premium hifi audio, 3rd row seat, and leather dashboard.

MSRP $68,575
Invoice $63,555
Average paid $63,255

I thought I just will go 'haggle-free' way as long as the Truecar offer is close to the average price. But Truecar dealers around Atlanta, GA area (United and Athens) offer way much higher price ($1,500 above invoice excluding incentives) than the average. Based on, however, posts on here and edmunds recently, they could get offered around invoice price.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.