BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok ... here is the thing: My 86 325e rides TERRIBLE. I know it is the wheels and tires making this happen ... I spent an afternoon swapping wheels from my 86 325es that rides smooth as glass.

I have been searching craigslist for replacements but as of yet I have not found what I want for a decent price. Well it would seem crazy to me to buy someones old 325 wheels with who knows what problems when I can just invest money in new tires and rims.

SOOOOOOOO.....

What the different setup's as far as rims/tires just as far as sizes and go with a stock suspension set up. Also if you wouldn't mind telling me if the setup would work on a 1.5 lowered suspension kit.

Thanks to any of you that put time into this post!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
don't go any bigger than 16's. 17's are too big. I know from experience

·
Registered
14 Posts
don't go any bigger than 16's. 17's are too big. I know from experience
what was the offset? my 17's with et25 offset are 7 inches wide on bavarianauto springs and bilstiensports do not even come close to rubbing anything at anytime , and I have run them at an autocross.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wheels came from Eurostop , I belive they do sell them on Ebay and Ireland Engineering , mine have no rubbing at all though.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i don't know the offset on my current rims, but i got them from tirerack a few years back and have to use spacers. They used to rub until I put extremely low profile tires on them, now they don't, even in autocross

what i mean by they are too big, is that imo they look too big on the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Eurostop just got in some nice looking bbs rs replica's in 16x7 1/2 , for about 800 shipped brand new , I would have got them if they had tose when I needed wheels , check out R3v limited , there is a thread about them with pics under the wheels for sale thread .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts