BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory radio recently stoped operating. I replaced the radio with a newer model factory Alpine Business Class radio. Unfortanatly, this newer radio uses a smaller antenna plug than my 2001 E46 has. I need to purchase an adapter that will allow my antenna cable plug to convert to the smaller type plug. My local dealer said that he had no idea about what I was talking about. Does anybody know where I can get an adapter such as this? I've been told that after the 2001 E46 year, the radio was changed to Alpines and the antenna plugs are smaller.

Thanks.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
joepsych said:
My factory radio recently stoped operating. I replaced the radio with a newer model factory Alpine Business Class radio. Unfortanatly, this newer radio uses a smaller antenna plug than my 2001 E46 has. I need to purchase an adapter that will allow my antenna cable plug to convert to the smaller type plug. My local dealer said that he had no idea about what I was talking about. Does anybody know where I can get an adapter such as this? I've been told that after the 2001 E46 year, the radio was changed to Alpines and the antenna plugs are smaller.

Thanks.
This is the piece you need:

BMW Business CD Radio Antenna Adapter
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_69_140_143&products_id=292

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.