BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

need audio advice please.

810 5
My stock subs went out..i have no idea if its the amp or the subs. sometimes when i turn it up i hear the subs trying to work and then nothing.

My components still work. So should i try to fix the stock system?

- does anyone local or near the 714 orange county california area know how to test this?
- or should i just replace with a subwoofer and amp?
- i have two L7 solo baric 12 inch square subs and amp laying at a friends house.FYI

The subs are big and will take up most of the trunk....which is downer..
- i need the space to fit dead people haha jk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
sub

mines do the same thing. when i take a speed bump they work for a 10 sec and then dont sound at all. they sound as if they are poped. i think its a loose cable or something. if its the subs man they cost 700 each. premium sound subs. i heard of people accually buying other subs and mounting them but i am afraid it will not sound the same.
I came across this website reading another thread might be something you guys might be interested in.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/category/174/0/BMW-Speaker-Packages
No subs are included in this kit
I came across this website reading another thread might be something you guys might be interested in.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/category/174/0/BMW-Speaker-Packages
You can use your existing subs by getting a cable from a member here on this site and having it wired in, I think it's plug and play with little to no splicing. BUT if your amp is the problem and not the subs then the cable will not work, I have read that the existing L7 amp has to be working.
My stock subs went out..i have no idea if its the amp or the subs. sometimes when i turn it up i hear the subs trying to work and then nothing.

My components still work. So should i try to fix the stock system?

- does anyone local or near the 714 orange county california area know how to test this?
- or should i just replace with a subwoofer and amp?
- i have two L7 solo baric 12 inch square subs and amp laying at a friends house.FYI

The subs are big and will take up most of the trunk....which is downer..
- i need the space to fit dead people haha jk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.