BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a '95 325is and have searched the forums to the beginning and found that my power window problem may be due to a comfort relay or a zke module. I have found that on left hand drive cars, the comfort relay should be a blue relay under the knee bolster left of the steering wheel, well, I have no blue relay there. Several relays but not a blue one. There is one that was taped up real well, so I removed the tape, no luck. What color wires are going to the comfort relay?

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
My comfort relay for the electric rear vent windows is orange. What month/year was your car built and do you have a one touch open sunroof?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, but I don't know the mo/yr built or if it is the one touch sunroof and don't have enough knowledge of the car to find. Went through all my owner's documentation and checked the doors, maybe the VIN?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
There's a very good chance your relay was replaced with a different color one. Mine was when I went to do it. They no longer make the blue CR, it's been superceded by a new part (dk green or brown if I remember right). There's actually a chart, I think it's in the Bentley, that simply shows the position of the relays and which one is the CR. Hopefully someone can post up which position it's in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, maybe its the one that was taped up and zip tied to the relay bracket. Hopefully someone can hook me up with the Bentley manual diagram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts