Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got a '94 318is and i have a blown engine.. obviously i need a new one but i was wondering a couple of things
1. does every yr 1.8 litre engines plug and play in my chassis
2.what other engines fit my car with minimal suspension modification
3. will i have to change my rear differential if i upgrade the motor to something like a 2.8 or a 2.5

by the way i live in MD if anyone has a motor that will fit my car i'll buy it from them

·
Registered
46 Posts
my 325i just got totaled lol - so if you want to track it down in fairfax county, northern VA
its yours
has 127 k miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i live in Hyattsville md closer to the DC border. but as for Bluee36 wha do u want for the busted up e36? is the motor solid? would it fit my 318is Chassis without changing much of the rear suspension? the read diff. wouldnt have to be changed either? also wha yr is it cuz u might have OBD II i kno for a fact i have OBD I

·
Registered
46 Posts
it was a 1995, not sure about the OBD but other then the headgasket, which since your removing the engine anyways, would be worth replacing, its solid. im not in control of the car but if you really wanted it i could help you track it down to whichever junkyard its in now haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
to replace the engine you could swap it with a 325is 2.8 you will have to change a couple things for suspension and the diferentials are the same so you dont have to change them
but it would be better if u changed the suspensio to tokiko shock and h&r springs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are all 2.5's the same? like the ones in the 525 would i be able to swap it out for a 525 motor cuz i found one for like $200 and im thinkin bout buying it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts