BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
appreciate some guidance on this.

background: have a 2014 320i leased in Dec 2013 (MSRP $36K, monthly payment now $342, which incudes sales tax; 10k mi/yr, 36mo). so my lease ends Dec 2016. car currently has 19k miles on it.

in april i started researching what i want next. did some test drives, and talked with sales guy at BMW Camelback in Phoenix... basically said, if he could get me a pull ahead, id lease a new car; but nothing was available at that time.

i got a call today from him saying a pull ahead program is available and he can get me started and into a new lease.

im interested in the new X1. but dont know what would be best to do. looking for nput, guidance....
1. should i do the pull ahead and get into an available X1?
2. what are the residual, MF, etc for 2016 X1 wth 10k mi/yr, 36mo?
3. can i put in an order, to customize options, and still do pull ahead?
4. i like how 2017 offers sDrive for $2k less; can i wait to order a 2017 with pull ahead?
5. Dec offers best incentives it seems... should i sit it out and wait for Dec and gamble for some good deals?

thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would sit and wait until December. I can't speak on your other questions. If I could wait until December I totally would! My lease is up this month on a 5 series and I'm glad I waited and didn't do a pull ahead.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would sit and wait until December. I can't speak on your other questions. If I could wait until December I totally would! My lease is up this month on a 5 series and I'm glad I waited and didn't do a pull ahead.
Good advice. I think residual for 24mi/2yrs went up 2% from June. Would have saved me $50. I thought 69% residual was good. Oh well....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The way the pull ahead works (discretionary) - you're probably keeping your car until November/December. I haven't seen this new "pull-ahead" actually work for any customer yet due to the restrictions on it.

PS - I'm biased but there are better BMW Center's/CA's in Arizona currently!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the inputs. Guess I need to figure out if the pull ahead is a good deal, or if I'm willing to wait for a possibly better one in Dec.

PS - I'm biased but there are better BMW Center's/CA's in Arizona currently!
Who? They gave me a good deal on my current car, and have always been helpful. I refuse to do BMW Scottsdale, because they treated me like I was a nuisance and couldn't afford a BMW - I was 26 then.

As long as you've time, take a look at the X3 too. X1 is underwhelming.
The current X3 is outdated: the interior, dash layout, etc = fugly. And the exterior proportions are odd. The new version doesn't come out until ~2017 (which I might like), and my lease ends before that. And I like the X1... the exterior+interior are both nice, it drives well, etc.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Who? They gave me a good deal on my current car, and have always been helpful. I refuse to do BMW Scottsdale, because they treated me like I was a nuisance and couldn't afford a BMW - I was 26 then.
I didn't work there at the time either - give us another chance!

·
Registered
973 Posts
That is not always the case. I'm about to do a pull ahead now and the dealer is not charging me for the fact that I never replaced two of my tires with 41,000 miles on them and I am over my mileage. Not to mention that there is a $1,000 loyalty credit now and I also have a $1,000 coupon code.

As to your five series, you are taking a risk with some fantastic residuals now

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is not always the case. I'm about to do a pull ahead now and the dealer is not charging me for the fact that I never replaced two of my tires with 41,000 miles on them and I am over my mileage. Not to mention that there is a $1,000 loyalty credit now and I also have a $1,000 coupon code.

As to your five series, you are taking a risk with some fantastic residuals now
Why am I taking a risk? Not sure I understand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts