BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
So I had this problem no start, no crank on my 528i. I got the code A0B4.

It is most likely bad starter. Removed the starter tested it, giving 12 Volt to positive terminal of solenoid and ignition. No movement at all.
I gave 12 volt to the motor, it moves but than stops if I shake it moves a bit and then stops.

So I ordered the part, waiting on it.

I did not tested the ignition wire/connector (The green arrow) coming from CAS , I honestly did not want to do something stupid. Just looked at its resistance at the tip of the connector ( The green arrow), it is high like 10k. Does that mean anything bad, how can I test it properly? Should I just leave it alone since I know the solenoid is faulty, put the new starter and see what happens?

Thank you very much for all the answers

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called one of my friend, he said it shows at least the loop is intact. Since the ignition is off position, it is most of the time connected to negative, usually car body. He said it is expected.

Anybody agree, disagree? I would appreciate your comments.

I dissect the starter. I am planning to put a short video here. In my case, solenoid was definitely bad but also motor was also in very bad shape.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
5,012 Posts
Nothing to worry about. As you friend also said, that line will be open or very high impedance until you turn the key to start the car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing to worry about. As you friend also said, that line will be open or very high impedance until you turn the key to start the car.
Thank you very much twh for the answer as always, very helpful.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the starter, put Bosch starter from FCP. It works like brand new car.

I used to have long cranking issue, wast thinking it was due to leaking injectors. Now, I do think it is likely related to dying starter but I was not smart enough to put the diagnosis.

THANK YOU ALL for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts