BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I'm getting what feels like some serious misfires under throttle, especially if I try to go WOT. 2012 E92 N55, 58k miles. It's happened a few times this past week and I seem to get some different errors each time, in total here's what I've seen from Carly:

Power Management: closed-circuit current violation
Code: 00387F

Power Management: central undervoltage
Code: 003876

High-pressure fuel, plausibility, cold start: pressure too low
Code: 002BEE

Misfiring, several cylinders: recognized
Code: 002EFE

Misfiring, Cylinder 1: recognized
Code: 002EFF

Misfiring, Cylinder 2: recognized
Code: 002F00

Misfiring, several cylinders: injection cut
Code: 002EE0

Misfiring, Cylinder 1: injection cut
Code: 002EE4

Misfiring, Cylinder 2: injection cut
Code: 002EE7

Also I caught a data log of it cutting power (apparently misfiring as the whole car stumbles and shakes as it happens) in 5th gear on the highway trying to hit the accelerator. When I got home and read the codes, the only one that came up was 00387F for Power Management: https://datazap.me/u/eyehategod/misfire-2?log=0&******14

I've got new spark plugs on order since mine are ~18k miles old and I'm on Stage 2+. Wondering about my battery, which I think is original (2012) and my HPFP, maybe the data logs could tell someone something about that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That use to happen to me when I had my e92 328 except I would also go into limp mode so I had to baby it everywhere I went for me the fix was the disa valves in the manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did figure out that my rail pressure mean PSI seems to be crashing to 400-500 during the misfires, so I think that means the HPFP is on its way out?

·
Registered
97 Posts
What I personally do in such a case...
Swap coil 1 and 2
Erase codes
Run the engine

If you still have miss fire, check which cylinder.
If miss fire on cyl 2, defective coil pack
If still cylinder 1, check to push it a bit more, else might be your spark plug.

Also, pay attention... I read somewhere that if you have oil or other liquid it might creates miss fire with those coil packs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts